Inheritance process

Hello

We put our apartment  up for sale 3 months  ago in Spain  sadly  my wife passed away 5 weeks ago .my wife and I were down as Co owners now iam told that I need  to go through  a inheritance  process to be sole owner and the lawyer  dealing with the sale said they will do that  for me for 1850 euros  + vat,need to know if its about right the figure quoted  thx in advance

@hulkhogand367517

Yes indeed I had to pay same amount, nearly 2.000€,  in Spain for inheritance from my mother: her apartment in Spain. Please note this includes all Spanish taxes and notary's fees, I have paid directly to the notary in Spain.

I had also to pay high taxes for this inheritance in my mother's country (not Spain, Belgium) on the total value of my inheritance, including the value of the apartment in Spain. So double taxes!

So if you have only to pay for Spain, that's not so bad.

@hulkhogand367517 It depends the fee of the lawyer. I am also a lawyer and charge less. But each lawyer can charge what they want.

thx for quick replies  so it seems  the amount  is about right ?

1f609.svg

@hulkhogand367517 It depends the fee of the lawyer. I am also a lawyer and charge less. But each lawyer can charge what they want.

-@GOLDENLAWYERS

how much is less ?  1f60e.svg