Where Are The Digital Nomads At?

Just saw a Digital Nomad Visa renewal post and am curious to know where the Digital Nomads in Brazil are. We currently have a large compound with three houses on it near a Digital Nomad hotspot. Rather then selling it at some point we are considering turning it into a Digital Nomad Air BnB.

Roddie in Retirement1f575.svg

@roddiesho Have you checked nomadlist.com?

Everywhere.  Mostly on coastal regions with good infra-structure ( broadband ). 

Mostly urban centers.   

You name it....

Rio, Sao Paulo, Florianopolis, Salvador, Belo Horizonte, Vitoria, Recife, Porto Alegre, Curitiba, Campinas, Sao Jose dos Campos, Natal, Belem do Para.

@alan279 $79.99 to join! Ouch! Thanx for the info though. I actually was looking more for input from all the Digital Nomad Visa questionnaires on the forum @sprealestatebroker  i am sure that there are a lot in the big cities, but I wanted to hear directly from a digital nomad (I probably assumed that the questions being asked were because they were Digital Nomad or planned to be). Finding out where they were, how many days they stayed, Even the accommodations. (We have a fully equipped glass enclosed video editing studio with Adobe Creative Cloud - Premiere Pro, Audition - After Effects) as well as sound and lighting. The idea being a niche air bnb that Digital Nomads could come to. Looks like from the response, this will go on the backburner.

@roddiesho I guess everyone who is a Digital Nomad is here under that visa for different reasons. Some may be moving around, and others not so much. In my case, I have a home base with occasional travel when I can fit it in around work. Located in SP state but not in a big city.

@roddiesho Can you not see the top rated digital nomad cities in Brazil at https://nomadlist.com/brazil ?

@roddiesho Digital nomads can stay in Brazil for up to 180 days without a visa. The Brazil digital nomad visa is very new. I would guess there are few people in Brazil under the new visa.

Top rated cities in Brazil on NomadList:

Rio

Curitiba

Porto Alegre

Floripa

Belo

São Paulo

Itajaí

Fortaleza

Natal

Recife

@roddiesho You might try the Lisbon digital nomads page on Facebook. Lots of digital nomads in Lisbon in summer. Many then go to Brazil, Thailand and Bali for a few months. Portuguese speakers like Brazil in summer here. Wind surfers like Jeri.

@alan279 Thanx for your help.

It is a work in progress. I couldn't find the fountain of youth, so i am guessing, now in my 60´, someday I may pass on our property to my only child. My wife and I own several acres in Northern Brazil. We live 20 minutes from Jericocoara, voted by the Washington Post as one of the best beaches in the world. Everyone in Ceara buys land and then builds.

I thought it would be better if she turned our compound (we have three houses so far) into niche Air BnBs then to try to sell it. As I mentioned I am a Video Producer Editor so our accommodations are much more tuned to what a Digital Nomad would need.

Obviously, this would happen after I "moved on" so I am hoping we have time on our side if it ia a worthy idea.

P.S. So before I have soup for dinner, I was hoping for "Yes, I am a Digital Nomad and I would like an Air BnB tailored to my needs for a couple of days, weeks etc..".....Sorry if I phrased the title wrong...I was actually hoping for "Here. BLAH, blah, blah" Guess I spent too much time in the clubs when I was younger...those days.

I'm a DN. Been in Brazil since March. All DN's are in Rio, Floripa, and some in Sao Paulo. They really don't venture out. I was just in Jeri and I maybe saw a couple other people on their laptops. It did seem like Nationals on vacation vs. DN's though. Jeri to me wasn't really conducive to being a DN. Example:  The power went out in the whole town for 6 hours on a random Thursday, I could never get strong enough WiFi for calls either. The one gym that they had there is beyond expensive and the biggest deterent -- it's hard to get to. DN's like to stay near airports with direct flights to other hotspots like Buenos Aires, Lima, Medellin. Jeri is a trek!  Just my opinion. I think it would appeal for Brazilian remote workers though vs. the true DN traveling the world. 

In Pipa they just opened up a DN community as well btw: nomadvillagebrazil.com

@Timothy Ryan Best Answer! Great Observations. We have our own compound with a little more reliable internet as well as video editing. You are right about Jeri being off the path. I have a collection of over 400 YouTube videos, so I know someone is up there videoing. I will check out your other suggestion. Thanx Much.

@Timothy Ryan Thanks Again. Just signed up for the new village visit. it is always wise to have someone else go first. That is a lot of real estate to be the first one in the water. Heaven Help us if a place that size loses Internet. This is a good chance to see what works etc. in the grocery store, then coming back with the 7-11. Much more efficient.