US new visa requirement Land entry

Does anyone know if the $160 Visa requirement for US citizens will apply for land border crossing?   I seem to recall that before Bolsonaro dropped visa for US citizens the Visa was required only if entering through air travel.   I'm coming across on a motorcycle through a land port.

@Enprize Yes, I expect so - I entered once from a cruise into a port, and had to show my permanent visa

07/03/23 Does anyone know if the $160 Visa requirement for US citizens will apply for land border crossing?  I seem to recall that before Bolsonaro dropped visa for US citizens the Visa was required only if entering through air travel.  I'm coming across on a motorcycle through a land port.
-@Enprize

Any non-resident entering Brazil through any port of entry, land, sea, or air, is required to have a valid visa, unless visas are being waived as Bolsonaro did.  That's always been the law, and while border control at the land ports of entry has sometimes been more lax that at airports, I wouldn't count on that being true always or everywhere.

Brazilian visitor visas are generally multiyear, multiple visits, so once a visitor has one, she can come and go as she pleases, but from October 1 on, a US or Canadian citizen will need one.

Does anyone know if the $160 Visa requirement for US citizens will apply for land border crossing?  I seem to recall that before Bolsonaro dropped visa for US citizens the Visa was required only if entering through air travel.  I'm coming across on a motorcycle through a land port.
-@Enprize

As far as I know, with the recent exception under Bolsonaro, entry visas have always been required at every point of entry into Brazil.