D7 visa applications from Canada

@Julien

Hello, we are a Canadian couple looking to move to the Algarve on a D7 visa.

I noticed there is a thread in the forum for different countries but I did not see Canada listed there.

Does anyone have experience with the D7 visa applications from Canada.

Thanks very much.

Robert and Ursula

Which city in Canada

@darrensabet

For Sure    they know all the requirements

@rwe42ue47 Hi, There are actually many of us here. I came to Portugal last July (2022) from Niagara Falls, Ontario on the D7 visa.

@aimof

Shediac,  near Moncton, New Brunswick

Hello everyone,

Welcome on board @ rwe42ue47,

Please note that I have created a new thread from your posts and responses you've had on the Algarve forum so that you may better interact.

I don't think there's a specific country thread for the D7 Visa but here is one for Canadian nationals.

All the best

Bhavna

Thank you,

I would greatly apriciate any information on the process.

1. Visa is granted - from what I understand it is for 4 months and then there is an interview in person in Portugal for the initial residence permit
  2. Is the interview date given at the issue of the D7 visa or do we have to apply for it separately?

If any fellow Canadian on this forum could do a quick summary of the timeline, that would be great.

Best, Ursula

Hi Ursula,

This process of granting a visa to Canadians, follows the same procedures and times, as for example for the US.

Here is a link that may help you:

Experience sharing about Visas to Portugal (D7 & others):

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=971460

Regards

Thanks JohnnyPT

I noticed on the D7 Visa link that a lot of people use VFS Global , unfortunately according to their website that Service is not available between Canada and Portugal.

I will press on with my research.

Ursula

@rwe42ue47

When you get D7 visa the consulate will get  you appointment  for SEF  in the area you have given  them  you  House address in Portugal.  Together with you passport stamped  you will get a slip showing  the place/date  of appointment in Portugal

Thank you.