How Long Does It Take?

As suggested we hired a lawyer to navigate the permanent residency by spouse visa. We met with him in Fortaleza and then on May 26th he took the case. A few days later we paid him half with the balance after it was done. So far it has been bits and pieces with one week asking for a photo for the CRNM.  Last night he asked my wife about documents for our marriage (We gave him all our translated apostiled documents at the meeting for him to copy). for the meeting with the federal police in Fortaleza. My wife said he was planning on setting up the meeting soon.

i am looking forward to completing the initial stage so that I can go to Rhode Island in September as well as general peace of mind.

How long does it take for the FP appointment and hopefully for it to be in their hands?

Roddie in Retirement1f575.svg

I did my VITEM XI application through the Consulate in San Francisco, USA, it was fast and easy. Then, when we had trouble making our interview appointment with the PF, we hired our facilitator. He assembled our package of papers, requested a letter from the PF about banking and bank accounts, and he made our appointment in SP quickly. We flew to the USA just to attend the interview and visit with the wife's family, of course, The interview was on-time, fast, and professional. upon leaving the interview, our facilitator took us to a cartório to register my photo, ID, and signature. Straight from there, we went to the bank of our choice where he introduced us to the branch manager, he seems to know everyone in SP,  I had given power of attorney to the facilitator to pick up my CRNM and exactly 30 days later he sent the card to me in the USA by DHL.

06/16/23 How long does it take for the FP appointment and hopefully for it to be in their hands?

Roddie in Retirement1f575.svg
-@roddiesho

Hard to tell, because now you're very much on an individual program. My guess is that your lawyer is working with a contact at the PF to get your file into shape to pass muster in Brasília, and as soon as it's ready you'll be called in to finalize it. Sounds like he has all the documents he needs, so it shouldn't be too long now.

Thanx for your responses. I will look towards the future.

Thanx,

Roddie In Retirement1f575.svg aka "There wouldn't be a Curve if I wasn't at the low end"