Post-Covid-19 situation in Vietnam

Hello everyone,

The COVID-19 pandemic had a huge impact on the world, including on expats' lives. Travel restrictions, business closures, budget cuts, and health measures have created unprecedented challenges for those who have chosen to live in Vietnam.

Now that the pandemic is moderated, expats are adjusting to a new daily routine. So tell us, how is your expat life now:

Are there still any health measures in place in Vietnam? If so, what are they (wearing a mask, barrier measures, etc.)?

Have you noticed any changes in the population's habits or behavior after the pandemic?

What is your new work rhythm: do you still work remotely or are you spending more time in the office?

Have you changed your spending habits? If so, which ones?

Despite this pandemic and its consequences, how do you see your future in Vietnam?

Do you have any advice for other expats and future expats on this new daily life in Vietnam?

Thank you for your contribution.
Mickael
Expat.com team

@Mickael My situation as a licensed teacher has actually improved. Since the lifting of the restrictive measures on 15/3 I have the same amount of work. But the Vietnam I used to know has changed for worse. Add the economic troubles in general and we understand.

My situation as a licensed Travel agent has really improved. Since the lifting of restrictions on March 15, I have the same workload. But the Vietnam that I know has changed for the worse in terms of Visa policy. Add the general economic troubles and we understand.

Two posts ending EXACTLY the same "But the Vietnam that I know has changed for the worse in terms of Visa policy. Add the general economic troubles and we understand." Sounds like a troll.

For me it's changed because before I was teaching in my own school. We closed it because of the pandemic, along with our camping program. We refuse to start it back up because of the dangers of having children together so close. It's really a shame that people feel safe and risk their, and their children's health. I bought a farm and now live in the country away from the crowds.

People in Vietnam have always worn masks so they don't get upset when they see someone wearing one in public like they do in the US.

@Mickael I just returned to US after a 4 week visit to Da Nang. Travel in and out seems routine. Masks required in DAD airport and aboard aircraft. No one inquired of my vax status or covid tests. Customs was very loose - no bag scan or inspection of any kind. In the city, it was masks optional everywhere.

@doctorhands it is time to move on. What kind of world do we want to live in? One in which our overblown fears have our kids cowering alone in corners and being banned from camping altogether & forever after? Good Lord..

As an educator you have a responsibility to look up the data on how many kids are currently experiencing serious covid symptoms that cause hospitilization or death (or anything worse than a common cold to be frank). In this post-vaccine / post-exposure world, it is near zero.

Zero masks in most countries now - have you checked out their current hospitilizations / deaths for anyone younger than 40??

I agree with your paranoia in a pre-vaccinated world. You are now simply wrong.

Enjoy your self imposed isolation but please don't infect the next generation with your disproportionate and irresponsible fears, thank you.

@Dave_611  🤦‍♂️ A bit harsh, no?  So polarized the world now. 1f627.svg

@doctorhands They must be using AI to come up with the same posts. haha1f923.svg1f602.svg

Hello everyone,

just noticing now post 1 and 2, indeed it is very peculiar....

Anyway, we'll contact the members in private.

Thank you for what you have shared so far in regards to the Post Covid-19 situation.

Have a nice day

Bhavna