Process for placement in public high school

Hello,

I will be moving to Perth in the fall and intend to place my children in the public high school in our (eventual) catchment area. 

My question is - what is the process for registering international students in public high school?  I know there is a $4,000/family fee and that we must live in the catchment area...I'm more wondering about testing processes or delays that might be built in that we should be aware of. 

Also, are there limitations on when students can enroll?  We'll be arriving at the end of the 3rd semester and would like them to start when schools reopen for 4th semester - does this seem reasonable and likely?

Thanks in advance!

Erinn

@grahambarter10

did you get any good advice or have you gone through the process ?

I am looking to move from UK to either melbourne or brisbane on a 482 and looking at how the get my kids to a good school there.

any advise would be appreciated

thanks   

Welcome to Perth, Erinn! To enroll your children in a public high school, ensure residency in the catchment area, be aware of the $4,000 fee, and inquire about any testing procedures. Arriving at the end of the 3rd semester should be reasonable, but confirming with the school is advisable. Best wishes for a smooth transition!