Serbian married to Vietnamese wishes to move to Vietnam

Hello everyone,

I am Serbian guy married with Vietnamese women from Ho Chi Minh city already nearly six years and we have two boys.

Till now we lived in Serbia from 2017. and now we wish to move in Vietnam and settle up life there.

Of course I am looking for job in Vietnam.

Last ten years I worked mostly in automotive industry in Research and Development - Testing but of course I am open for other possibilities for job

Also I am looking for new friends all over the world 1f600.svg

Regards everyone

Cheers!

Hello everyone,

I am Serbian guy married with Vietnamese women from Ho Chi Minh city already nearly six years and we have two boys.

Till now we lived in Serbia from 2017. and now we wish to move in Vietnam and settle up life there.

Of course I am looking for job in Vietnam.

Last ten years I worked mostly in automotive industry in Research and Development - Testing but of course I am open for other possibilities for job

Also I am looking for new friends all over the world 1f600.svg

Regards everyone

Cheers!
-@Aleksandar BGD

Hopefully you will find employment, but it won't be legally necessary in order to live in Vietnam with your Vietnamese wife on a TRC.

You can apply at a consulate/embassy of Vietnam for a 5 Year Visa Exemption Certificate (VEC) in order to enter Vietnam for 6 months at a time.

Once you are in Vietnam you can explore the possibility of getting a 3-year Temporary Resident Card (TRC) approved.

The procedure is different depending on if your wife holds a valid Vietnam passport OR she is of Vietnamese nationality outside Vietnam (Việt Kiều/diaspora) without a VN passport.

As far as I can tell there is no Embassy of Vietnam in Belgrade, Serbia at this time.

The nearest embassy is probably the

Embassy of Vietnam in Budapest, Hungary.

Once you are living in Vietnam on a spousal TRC, it will be much, MUCH easier to be hired for legal employment here, so I would personally focus most of my energy on getting the entry documents for you and your wife.

Good luck!

Hello and thank you very much for your message and information :)

We already made 5 Year Visa Exemption for me and our kids because they also don t have Vietnamese citizenship, only Serbian like me.

Information which we have is that our kids can not get Vietnamese citizenship because they already have Serbian citizenship.

My wife is originally from Vietnam ( Ho Chi MInh City) and she have Vietnamese passport and from last year Serbian as well.

Do you know what is a condition to get spousal TRC?

I guess that I don t have a right to work with 5 Year Visa Exemption Certificate?

Thank you :)

Hello and thank you very much for your message and information smile.png
We already made 5 Year Visa Exemption for me and our kids because they also don t have Vietnamese citizenship, only Serbian like me.

Information which we have is that our kids can not get Vietnamese citizenship because they already have Serbian citizenship.

My wife is originally from Vietnam ( Ho Chi MInh City) and she have Vietnamese passport and from last year Serbian as well.

Do you know what is a condition to get spousal TRC?

I guess that I don t have a right to work with 5 Year Visa Exemption Certificate?

Thank you smile.png
-@Aleksandar BGD

With your wife having a Vietnam passport, I'm pretty sure that she only needs to verify her permanent registered address in Vietnam (always a good idea to double check such things with immigration in HCMC or Hanoi).

That might be her family book (where she grew up with her family) OR someplace where she previously registered herself permanently (some people who move to the big cities from the countryside go through this formality).

Luckily you'll have 6 months to sort that out and perhaps update her permanent address, so it shouldn't be any sort of stumbling block.

Then you (she) will be able to apply for your TRC with a police report showing that address to be her AND YOUR permanent address in Vietnam where she is sponsoring you.

Someone else can answer about the children's citizenship, but as I've observed in other threads, the government definitely tolerates citizens of Vietnam establishing dual citizenship in other countries.

But time and again we see Việt Kiều without passports naturalized as citizens in another country OR ethnic Vietnamese children of Việt Kiều, born as citizens in foreign countries, encountering roadblocks to gaining citizenship in Vietnam.

Based on my limited knowledge of the law, it would seem that a key factor for your children will be establishing themselves as permanent residents in Vietnam, as the laws that do allow for the granting of citizenship here seem to indicate that permanent residency is required.

So my guess is that your wife will sponsor them on TRCs and then apply for PRCs, but the process might be much simpler than that, once the children are physically here in Vietnam.

One requirement APPEARS to be the renunciation of other citizenship (in their case, Serbian), but of course, immigration and a trustworthy lawyer will be able to help you work through the details.

I'm almost certain that you are correct; people here on a 5 year VEC 6-month stay do not technically have any residence status, but are essentially the same level of visitor as a tourist, just for a longer period of time.

So legal employment is probably only possible if you qualify as an expert OR your wife sponsors you on a TRC.

Anyone with contradictory facts or differing opinions is quite welcome to share them.