Cost of heath insurance per month

So whats the cost of heath insurance per month there ( I remember a post saying something about international health insurance) ?  I am about 3 years from going there to live.  Just counting my days.

SVHO

Hi there Svho. There are a number of expat.com advertisers who can give you a quote, free of charge, found under the "SERVICES" banner at the top of this page. Health Insurance (Link)

I'm sorry I can't give you any estimates myself. Hopefully some of the other members can give you an idea of the cost(s) you might expect.

Please let us know the result of your inquiries.

So whats the cost of heath insurance per month there ( I remember a post saying something about international health insurance) ? I am about 3 years from going there to live. Just counting my days.
SVHO
-@Svho

Since you are Việt Kiều, you may very well have options not usually available to foreigners.

Also, keep in mind that the care you will receive in many hospitals here will not resemble what you can expect to receive in the United States.

Especially, the basics of nursing care are usually left up to the family to provide.

Certain emergency conditions aren't treated well in all locations.

For instance, my wife's uncle recently sustained a head injury in Quảng Ngãi city.

He was brought by ground transportation to Dà Nẵng (a 2 hour trip) for stabilization and observation.

There were serious plans being made to transfer him to HCMC until the doctors decided (after about a week) that he definitely didn't need surgical intervention.

Urgent care doesn't really warrant insurance, as the out-of-pocket expenses don't justify premiums paid (IMHO).

So if you are going to be pretty stationary in one place, you might want to look at a plan that covers a hospital geared toward the care of foreigners (such as French Hospital in Hà Nội).

Having said all that, you can get current quotes from some of the companies listed here:

expat.com/en/insurance/asia/vietnam