Buy a property in Egypt

Hello everyone,

I would like to know how was your experience of buy a property in Égypte ?

and a question that's bordering me the most is that, can a Foreign buy a property in Egypt or it is necessary to have an Egyptian name/ partner on the property contract?

many thanks in advance

Christine

yes u can u need a very good lawyer  as its not easy n when ur building /furniture u will get ripped off

don't put it in ur Egyptians name

but don't 4get when u sell u pay a lot off tax

Be very very careful if anything to do with property in Egypt especially in Hurghada where 99% of the ‘lawyers'are corrupt. They will take your money and say they ‘never received it'.

Only when you make a complaint ti the police who call them up and threaten them with arrest and jail will they return your money.

Developers are also very corrupt leaving many buildings unfinished ant unfit for habitation.

Red Sea Way are being sued currently for building on unsafe terrain above sea water causing severe flooding and collapse of walls some years later.

I wouldn't advise anyone to invest in Egyptian property those involved in the industry lack all morals or ethics.

you will need a lawyer and there are many Good and respected Lawyer in Egypt regarding your question the Foreign can buy tow property in Egypt  and if you need any legal advice i can help you

Hello Christine,

No it's not a condition, you can buy in Egypt as well as you like, if you need any help you can contact me.

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello everyone,

Please note that infos should be posted on the forum itself for the benefit of all members.

I would also advise professionals not to advertise their services on the forum as it should remain promotion free.

All the best

Bhavna

I also want to know how can non-Egyptians buy an apartment in Egypt. I am planning to buy an apartment in Alexandria for the last 2 years, everybody is telling me it cannot be done. Remax/Avalon is advertising a lot of real estate in Egypt, anybody has experience with them?

@kristine0077 Hi Kristine, let me know if you find out something reliable, I am also interested to buy an apartment.

From which country do you want to move?

@Norce Greetings, have you had any luck?  My husband are also looking to purchase something in Alexandria.

Residential real estate in Egypt also offers a strong investment option. Rapid population growth and investment in new projects are causing high demand for housing. So with high demand comes the potential for a strong return on investment.

Any one dealt with the developer Al-Abtal in hurghada before?

We had our own properties you must check every documents mostly selling by a fake papers you're free to pm

@adrianawilliam1277

You mean fake papers with abtal?

@Aidanjdenton

Fake papers contracts etc