ICT to Blue card visa - HELP Required!

Currently working under ICT Visa where my employer name is printed in the Visa. I received a new job offer in Germany and want to switch but I am not confident if I can apply for Blue Card here without going back to India since, I believe I could face problem while returning, Please suggest what is the process to change ICT Visa to Blue Card? Thank you in advanced.

You can probably change to a normal work visa (not Blue Card). Contact your local foreigner authority ("Ausländeramt") about it - but plan on sufficient time for the switch, as they are very slow!

@beppi Thank you for your message. But what benefit will I have to change it to normal visa and not to Blue card. I will require Blue Card to work in the new job right?

Nobody is "required" to have a Blue Card for any job. A normal work permit is almost the same with regards to your right to work - and it is easier to get. I don't understand the fascination you Indians have with the Blue Card!

@beppi What is the process to apply for Work Permit? What are the things required to apply for a Work Permit?

@sandey Read this official page:

https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/de/serv … ten/606314

For the details of how to switch from your current status to a work visa while within Germany, ask your local Ausländerbehörde!

@beppi Thank you for sharing the information. I should directly, apply for the Work Permit or Blue Card whatever they will give with the new contract when I receive. Let's see what happens?

Another query is that suppose during serving notice period my current employer ask me to return India and my Work Permit/Blue Card process is in progress, will I be able to return back to Germany with my current ICT visa?

NOTE: Applicant's of the EU Blue card must furnish proof that they have a university degree and have been offered a job that would provide gross annual earnings for at least 56.400 euros.

Another query is that suppose during serving notice period my current employer ask me to return India and my Work Permit/Blue Card process is in progress, will I be able to return back to Germany with my current ICT visa?
-@sandey

I do not understand your question.

As long as your curent visa is valid, you can travel to (and return from) wherever you want.