Im Moving from INDIA to KL..Plz do help me out

Hm

yep it shud b enuf

Thanks Caesar

Hi,

Tax will be for first 6 months is 26% (This will be reembersed back once you file the incometax returns after 6 months.)

Transportation : If you use Bus / LRT. its too cheap, Taxi is costly 3RM minimum.

Fully furnished apartment arround RM 1000 to 2500

If u get car. parking will be charged everywhere. Unless you have PR status you can not own a car.

Water is free. Gas will be 75 - 100 RM

Astro TV 150 RM

Shoping depends on your interst...

eating out is expensive in restorants, but cheap restorants also available in certain places.

That would be enough to survive.
Depends where you are going to travel,transport should be okay to.

You need to live on that budget,
When you are here then you can assess the cost and probably you would be fine.

Yogi:- Yogi thank you so much..It will be very helpful for me.

Halit:- Thank u so much...Im thankful to u

hi Mouny... which part of kl you plan to stay.. and where is the office location.. maybe, based on that i can suggest you some good place... :) by the way im from Kuala Lumpur

Hi Mouny,

On house/condo, very much depends on the location. Some areas are expensive whereas others may cost cheaper. Generally, we are still cheaper in terms of living cost compared to Singapore, Hong Kong & China. Food is a bit expensive, then again we have stalls and cheap restaurants as well. All depends on your choices.

Hope the above helps.

Warren

- For fully furnished apartment, it depends to your location. The cost would be 1500 and above

- Transportation costs for fuel 200(Malaysian car) and depends to your work-home location and toll

- utilities 300+

- shopping - It's up to you but for normal sundries for 2 people around 300 would be enough
Electricity bill?

- Telecommunication: Use Digi for cheapest rate and package. To travel outside Malaysia, don't use Malaysia sim, use overseas sim with Flexiroam to avoid expensive roaming charge

You should be able manage within 4,000 myr / month if you plan well not spend on expensive goods.

Hi Mouny,

My name is Rakesh.... a Malaysian but currently took a job offer in OZ. Anyway about the living expenses...

After taxes, you are probably looking at around 6K in hand. I believe the tax deduction is around 24%.

Anyways... here is the thing. If you live close by to the city, you are going to pay high on the rental. But, since you are new in KLC, I am sure you are not having a car yet. So, at the moment the best place would be Brickfieds where all means of transportation is available.

The rents can go up to RM1.5K for condos... that's the reason why i would say best is to stay further away from the city but close by the train station.
Electric bill... RM60 should be OK.
Shopping is generally cheap in Malaysia if you are not looking for designer clothing.
Make visits to the temple... make friends and I sure you will find the right hookups for good deals like a decent place to live with all facility close by.

Congratulations on the job offer... and good luck. Moving to a new country is not easy. I have done it a 3 times... went to school in US and stayed/worked for 7 years, back in Malaysia and worked for 7 years and now a new place again. But, in time you will find it is worth it. Changes are always good. Just be confident and all will go well.

doubt if you can live on 60bucks for electric, prices have gone up i guess,,, i would keep it minimum 100-120,,,,