The work culture in Switzerland

Hello everyone,

As an expatriate, working in Switzerland can present unique opportunities but also challenges. Discovering new communication styles, adapting to new cultural norms... working in Switzerland can be both exciting and confusing.

Share your experience to better understand the work culture in Switzerland and facilitate the professional adaptation of people who are wondering about it.

How would you define the work culture in Switzerland?

What was the most difficult thing for you when you started working?

What made the biggest impression on you?

How did you fit into your team?

Thank you for your contribution.

Mickael
Expat.com team

@Mickael so far my work experience has not been one of much of a great experience. Shortly after arriving in Switzerland I was very fortunate to receive an offer for temp work as I was in a French course during the week. I was able to maintain that job for a year, but once the client was transferred out of country that opportunity dried up.  As a healthcare worker I was a bit over confident in my hopes to find immediate (well not immediate) employment. The culture here in Switzerland is very fixed and certificate driven. If you are a foreigner it's going to be increasingly more difficult, unless you're already part of company and get transferred here. For me even after meeting the requirements ie, language proficiency, work permit, equivalency, experience I'm still having a hard time. I sit and read post for jobs, apply to them and still crickets (silence). I've even considered possibly finding another industry. Until that time I'll continue to stay positive and do my due diligence until something happens.

I am Lloyd B. Rabulan,.from philippines. Hello, I would like to work in Switzerland but I do not know how to apply on Google sites, can you assist me in finding a job in your country? Thank you!

@Mickael

Hello ,I'm from Bangladesh.Day by day the weather is bad of our country.  I like so much Switzerland weather I would like to work in Switzerland but I do not know how to apply on Google sites, can you assist me in finding a job in your country?

Thank you!