Birth certificate

Hello everybody

i was in vacation with my pregnant girlfriend in egypt, she gave birth to a boy (2 month to early), the health department refused to give me a birth certificate because i couldnt provide a marriage certificate (were not married), did anyone had this issue before? Thanks for helping

@marteria1997 Hello

Where are you bothfrom ?

I‘m swiss, she is german, we both live in switzerland

@marteria1997 Have you already contacted your or her embassy or both?

Good luck for the three of you!

Yeah, both embassies, the germans told me that we should get a birth certificate because we arent egyptian citizen, and the swiss embassy didnt replied until today

@marteria1997 I empathize with your situation, I hope the babies are beautifully healthy. Please update us about the development of this documentation and naturalization situation. Sending you, your girlfriend and your children my best wishes and light.

The baby is getting better. Since yesterday i have a traveldocument. Just in case somebody will be in the same situation, just contact a lawyer from the beginning, it is impossible to deal with egyptian authorities. You will not get a birth certificate without this marriage contract which the lawyer can set up, after you get the birth certificate we needed notarization stamps from the ministry of health in red sea, the governate of red sea, the same two in cairo snd the last from the ministry of foreign affairs, then you need to translate it from a accepted translator, after that my embassy handed me a laissez-passez (like emergency passport), this has to get to the ministry of immigration to get like a visa (without the lawyer they wanted to see the child, but its still in Hurghada), now i have the document with all the stamps needed, it took me nearly 2 weeksi can recommend this lawyer, speaks english very well and wasnt very expensive shadyabdellatif.com thanks for the wishes

Hello marteria1997,

Thank you for the little update and congratulations again on the birth of your baby boy!

Wish you all the best,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Hello Marteria

Thank you so much for sharing your story,  it really have touching my heart and I am so happy for you 3 that you have  all have getting sorted ..

i would like to ask his Lawyer contact please

🙏 I am in the process of buy and I will need his please

Many thanks in advance

and all the best to you and your family

Christine

[link moderated]

i always contacted him via e-mail