I'm looking for a garage to rent

I'm a retired guy who enjoys travelling on my motorcycle.

I'm looking for a garage to rent anywhere in Southern Spain so I can leave the bike over the winter and fly down to use it in the sunshine.

Hello gordonlandless,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

I advise you to post an advert in the Housing in Spain section.

You will find a category for parking spaces.

Hopefully, you will find something quickly.

All the best,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Maybe take a look at Idealista (dot com), if you want to rent your own garage. Many parking garages will do long-term parking (x euros per month for one space) so this might be an option too.

However, for me, it sounds like a right pain. I would not want the worry/aggravation of a vehicle sitting in a garage (or parking space) somewhere. I'd prefer to just rent something (probably a car, to be honest) when I get there. Or, if/when I find a place I want to spend the summers in, I'd buy/rent a decent house/apartment - with a suitable parking space. Or, I'd just ride over from the UK (I've done this a few times, so it's not a massive drama, especially with a fast bike and warm weather).

So... I checked Idealista for garages (they rent for 50-100 euros per month)... and I decided you were right, it would be nice to have a motorcycle out in Spain. :-) And, lo and behold, Idealista had a garage (and a storeroom) for sale in a building 100m from our apartment (and it's the only offer within 2km of us). Fingers crossed. :-)

Hi, that's great news.

if you want to spread the cost a little, I'd be interested.

maybe we could plan a few rides together?

Yes, it would definitely be a big plus for our apartment, so thank you for planting the garage seed in me brain. :-) I don't want to count my chickens just yet, but I'll keep you posted if/when we get it.

Many thanks for that. I'd defiantly be interested in sharing the cost with you.

@gordonlandless hi there.

We have a HUGE garage space and already provide shelter for 2 cars as their owners are only here for 3 months at a time.

You mentioned anywhere in southern Spain. We see 10 minutes from Priego de Córdoba.

Id we can help you please get in touch.

Seriously our garage is bigger than some apartments so no problem.

That sounds great Tracey. I'm planning to come out there at some stage.

would it be ok for me to come over and have a look?

we can discuss rent etc.

my email address is ***

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@gordonlandless.

.Unsafe to post any contact details here on the open forum. Please use the message system to exchange.

Sorry. Will do.