Can Dependent spouse start working immediately?

Hello,

I have got an offer from german company and they are sponsoring my visa . I will be traveling to Germany in April.

Meanwhile even my wife has got an offer from a german company but her company is not sponsoring her visa.

So she will be accompanying me on dependent visa. Can she work immediately after once we land in Germany?

Thanks for the help.

@kirangda yes. Depedents are allowed to work. She can start working immediately

@aravindns89 Thanks for the reply. So this means she doesnt have to wait till i get my blue card?

@kirangda The general process is

1. You land with a visa on your passport (with 3-6 months validity)

2. You do your city registration and then go to Ausländerbehörde for your appointment to get resident card/blue card. The appointment is generally given before your visa expiry and you have your blue card (starting 4 weeks until 4 months) after appointment date

3. Alternately at the end of your visa you may get a fiktionsbescheinigung (temporary visa) until your blue card reaches you (due to long processing times)

In the above 3 steps, you can start working at any step meaning with the visa on your passport (or)blue card (or) temporary visa.

As your spouse begins working, inform Ausländerbehörde that she has got a job and send her Job contract. Also employer may ask where is the blue card, just tell them it's in process. Companies understand this.

PS: My wife started at step 3 and my friend's spouse at step 1

@kirangda Aravindns89 is correct that a dependant on a family reunion visa is in principle allowed to start work immediately.

However, some formalities do need to be completed first: A residence permit must be issued by the foreigner authority ("Ausländeramt") and then a work permit by the labour office ("Arbeitsamt"). Depending on your location, especially the former is often overworked, slow and difficult to deal with. In my wife's case (many years ago and in a Southern German big city) the process took three months.

To get things done faster, your wife could apply for a work visa on her own merits at the German embassy.

Hello,
I have got an offer from german company and they are sponsoring my visa . I will be traveling to Germany in April.
Meanwhile even my wife has got an offer from a german company but her company is not sponsoring her visa.
So she will be accompanying me on dependent visa. Can she work immediately after once we land in Germany?
Thanks for the help.
-@kirangda

It depends on what kind of visa you will be on.

If you will be a Blue Card holder, your wife will have work rights.

If you get a conventional work permit (BlueCard conditions not met) then the first 1-3 years dependents can be prohibited from working unless they get sponsored in their own right.

I know an Australian family, who opted for a lower salary in favor of a higher relocation allowance for shipping everything (most of the stuff did not fit into German life and was discarded by month 6) but that meant that the husband´s salary was a bit below the BlueCard threshold. The wife was not allowed to work for the first three years.

Immigration workers do have leeway, so your wife having a job offer outright is definitely positive.

@kirangda Aravindns89 is correct that a dependant on a family reunion visa is in principle allowed to start work immediately.
However, some formalities do need to be completed first: A residence permit must be issued by the foreigner authority ("Ausländeramt") and then a work permit by the labour office ("Arbeitsamt"). Depending on your location, especially the former is often overworked, slow and difficult to deal with. In my wife's case (many years ago and in a Southern German big city) the process took three months.
To get things done faster, your wife could apply for a work visa on her own merits at the German embassy.
-@beppi

The Arbeitsamt doesn´t do separate work permits anymore (my husband still had one way back when), work permission is now noted directly on the residence permit.

I am eligible for blue card .  So what I understand from your replies is that my wife can start working on dependent visa as soon as we enter Germany during which we will be waiting for the blue card to be processed . Thank you so much everyone .

I am eligible for blue card . So what I understand from your replies is that my wife can start working on dependent visa as soon as we enter Germany during which we will be waiting for the blue card to be processed . Thank you so much everyone .
-@kirangda

Only if her entry clearance states that work is allowed.

You will both have to attend an appointment at the immigration authority to apply for the BlueCard/dependent of BlueCard holder residence permit.

@ALKB okay but usually “work will be allowed” will be written on the  dependent visa right ? Unless some extraordinary circumstances.