Turkey Foreigner Identification Number

Hi Everyone

I want to claim back SSK (as was) contributions made when I was living in Turkey between 1997 and 2010. I am a UK national now living in the UK. I have discovered that the first thing I need, to be able to do this is a foreigners' identification number. I understand that this is an 11 digit number beginning with 9. I have no recollection of ever having such a number, although I must have had one, as I was living in Turkey in and after 2000, when the system was introduced. 

The only official documents I still have from Turkey are my SSK card issued in 1997 and an Ikamet card issued in 2006, which was renewed annually until I left Turkey in 2010. I found a portal on the website of the Turkish Interior Ministry where you can type in your date of birth and the number on your Ikamet (eg. 0/000000) and the system will tell you your Foreigner ID number. This did not work for me, presumably because my Ikamet has expired and been cancelled.

I have learned that the only other way for me to get my Foreigner ID number is to come to Turkey. That is not a problem, as I plan to visit Turkey in spring 2023. However, I don't know where I would have to go to apply for it, how long it might take, and what documentation I would need.

There must be a means by which foreigners who used to live in Turkey can get their Foreigner ID number?!

I would be grateful for any advice that anyone may have on this issue.

Anthony

Hi Everyone
I want to claim back SSK (as was) contributions made when I was living in Turkey between 1997 and 2010. I am a UK national now living in the UK. I have discovered that the first thing I need, to be able to do this is a foreigners' identification number. I understand that this is an 11 digit number beginning with 9. I have no recollection of ever having such a number, although I must have had one, as I was living in Turkey in and after 2000, when the system was introduced.

The only official documents I still have from Turkey are my SSK card issued in 1997 and an Ikamet card issued in 2006, which was renewed annually until I left Turkey in 2010. I found a portal on the website of the Turkish Interior Ministry where you can type in your date of birth and the number on your Ikamet (eg. 0/000000) and the system will tell you your Foreigner ID number. This did not work for me, presumably because my Ikamet has expired and been cancelled.

I have learned that the only other way for me to get my Foreigner ID number is to come to Turkey. That is not a problem, as I plan to visit Turkey in spring 2023. However, I don't know where I would have to go to apply for it, how long it might take, and what documentation I would need.

There must be a means by which foreigners who used to live in Turkey can get their Foreigner ID number?!

I would be grateful for any advice that anyone may have on this issue.

Anthony
-@anthonylz

Call the foreigner help line number. There is support in multiple languages including English, and they should be able to look up your Foreigner ID number by giving them your passport number, and name. You should not have to come to Turkey to get your Foreigner ID number if you already had it before, and you had an ikhemet before in Turkey. That is only if you are a first time applicant that never had a foreigner ID number before, or you are reapplying for an ikhamet again. If they don't understand what a foreigner ID number is then tell them that you want to look up the number for your expired ikhamet in the system.

Really what do you expect, I just assume you speak Turkish, please give a call but honestly Inflation has caught up.

I am a bit upset you are already (I suppose) being to being able to speak Turkish and you are not able to place a call (the forum I do not think gives the right answers, if you are entitled that is fine, but CALL, if I also have to do for my pensions (by the way not easy in the EU), but I do not expect the forum to give me an answer for entitelments having worked in Netherlands, Luxembourg, Netherlands again, UK, Luxembourg again and then Hungary. No way anyone can help me I think,

CALL and explain your situation (it helps I can tell)

Probably a dispappointment, but then again GBP 30 pm is nice.