New members of the Colombia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023

Hi all,

Newbie on the Colombia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Colombia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

I wrote my intro yesterday and it seemed to disappear. Is there somewhere it might have gone?  I chose “Tortoise Unbroken” for my online name since Tortoise was taken.

Hello Tortoise Unbroken,

Your intro has not disappeared, you can still find it here > https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … =2#55734321f601.svg

We closed the old thread as we are no longer in 2022 and we opened a new thread for new members in 2023.

Feel free to do your intro here again. 1f609.svg

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hello,

My name is David and I'm currently living in Charlotte, NC with my Colombian born wife.  I'm 67yo, USAF/SSN retired and current business owner. My wife is from the Bogota area in Facatativa.  We've traveled back to 'Faca' several times for couple weeks at a time to visit family, but for living down there part time, I'm mostly interested in El Eje Cafetero like Salento, Armenia, Filandia or Calarca. I'm looking for someone that might already be living in that area and can offer some insight.

Hello davidrebolloso ,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

You did well in the introduction!

I suggest you start by reading the Living in Colombia guide for expats and if you have some questions feel free to start a new thread on the Colombia forum.

Who better to answer your questions than people living there already?

All the best,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Since this thread is for intro's only,

I have responded to David's interest

in the Coffee Zone, at this forum's

Colombia Mailbag thread.

The thread is clickable from the

forum welcome page.

cccmedia in Santander

My name is Steven.  I come from Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA.  I spent a few weeks in Colombia, met a wonderful woman and have decided to retire here.  We are in the process of moving to Santa Marta (warmer and more breathable air than Bogota). 

I'm a retired systems engineer.  In my earlier career I was an attorney and then law professor.

Saira Memon

Living in Pakistan 23 years old.

Im a dress designer

Hello everyone, welcome on board !

@ Saira, how can we help you ?

Regards

Bhavna

@Bhavna Meh first day here so i introduced myself here . thanks for your kind respond Bhavna

@Julien

Hello,  Terry Rushton here, I've been in Medellin for about six weeks, staying in a hotel in the centre.

I've had lots of walks around the place but haven't yet hit the actual tourist destinations , if you know what I mean.

I've certainly been enjoying the great variety of food, can't get enough of those mangoes and avocados on just about every street corner.

I'm on an Australian age pension so will be looking to get a retirement visa, plus get into a not too expensive apartment in the near future.

Thanks for the opportunity to say hello.

Terry.

Hello and welcome Terry !

Should you want to get to know members of the Medellin forum, feel free to interact with them : Medellin forum

Reading the Living in Colombia guide for expats will also get you to know a little more about visas and formalities.

Enjoy your stay

Bhavna

Hello.

My name is Eduardo. I'm a Colombian-Australian born in Sydney to Colombian parents. After a 27 year stint in Australia I returned to Medellin nearly two years ago looking to settle here permanently. I left in a hurry (the Australia I knew changed very quickly when Covid came through and I'm terrified of the vaccine).

I have a chorizo paisa business (I recommend them they're delicious) and I want to expand my income by using my language skills. I'd like to offer my services as a Spanish teacher to anyone who might need lessons or practice.

I know the Suroeste region of Antioquia really well. If anyone has any questions or interest regarding this spectacular part of the world hit me up.

All the best to you all.

@davidrebolloso

Hi David, I live in Salento. Feel free to shoot me a message with questions I can help you with.

Sandra

i'm looking for an expat to correspond with possibly more but for now just to talk about this country the mistakes i've made here and the joys that i have found.

@StevenStapleton

I am retired, and from Naples Fl /  Philly boy. My wife of 10 years is from Medellin. We have been living in Santa Marta (Bavaria area) and we love it. Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!!

Introducing myself: Expat living in Colombia since 2002. Love the culture, weather, people and mostly the cost of living and same time zone as the USA, more or less.

Welcome on board TomásGerardo ^^

I will like to visit Colombia on a tourist visa this September but l will like to know if l can get change my tourist visa to migrant work visa after getting there because l will like to relocate to Colombia and get a job with my tourist visa

I will like to visit Colombia on a tourist visa this September but l will like to know if l can get change my tourist visa to migrant work visa after getting there because l will like to relocate to Colombia and get a job with my tourist visa
-@Onipounds

Dear Onipounds,

Welcome to the Colombia forums of Expat.com ...

Colombia does not offer visitors a "tourist visa" and the

tourist stamp available to visitors from most countries

is not authorization to work in Colombia.

This thread is for self-introductions only, so please

proceed to the Colombia forum welcome page to present

your question(s) to our members.  At that page, you can

start a new thread or join an existing thread relevant

to your situation.  Use the search funcion at that page

if you are seeking a topic such as 'Visas' or 'Jobs'.

cccmedia, member of Expat.com experts team

Hi, this is Deepak.  I have been to cities in Colombia various times for golf and tourism.  Love the country and it's on my radar along with a few other to live in

Yes its BJ.I'm a Colombia frequenter.Enjoy spending my nest egg in the land of the red blue and gold and becoming more disenchanted with the goings on in the U S. I like to live barato and let my $ give me the most bang for its buck.I'm always on the lookout for bikes, buying 2-3 days woth of whey protein/creatine( i hate carrying a months worth in my backpack) and language exchange events!

Hello, I'm J.S., a US Citizen married to a Colombian by notary in Bogota.

Soon I will be applying for my marriage visa, I'm glad to have found this forum.

Best wishes to all.

@Julien

Hi all,

My name is Stewart Cameron, working in the middle east on oil and gas projects, I am originally from Scotland/ Canada but live in Australia now for the last 17 years, I have bought a couple of apartments in Cartegena.

Would love to hear some feedback about living as an expat in Colombia, as I plan to chill there in next few years.

Thanks

Stewart Cameron

@Julien

Greetings Expats.  I'm Larry (age 72) and my wife Carol (age 79) are planning to spend the winter in Cartagena and Medellin.  We live in Bremerton, WA, a small naval town an hour ferry ride from Seattle.  We are excited to meet the expat community in both cities.  Carol has a PhD in Instructional Technology (developed training programs) and has her own company called GuideWare.  She's currently working on writing a book about menopause.  I'm attempting to write/collaborate on a couple of screenplays and a TV Pilot.  Our 23 year old grandson recently graduated from college and he's been working in the wine industry.  He may honor us with a visit during our time in Colombia.  We'd love to meet and connect with expats and locals and become part of the community.  Blessings.  Please stay healthy.

Larry & Carol

(Lorenzo e Carolina)

@fire2020 Welcome on board Larry & Carol !

Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself to the community.

I would invite you to participate on the Medellin forum or the Cartagena forum if you need any info or just to share your views with members in these regions.

All the very best

Bhavna

Thank you for your kind suggestions.  I'll post on both Medellin and Cartagena.  What city are you living?

Blessings.

@stewartcameron20

Stewart, where are you apartments, and are they for rent?

Thanks.  Larry

@davidrebolloso    Hi David, I live in Salento. Feel free to contact me.

@Julien

Hello, currently, im a resident of S. Florida and was married to a very sweet human being from Cali, and also still very much friends with him and his family. During the pandemic, i lost most pf my family, and they are second family to me, and so grateful.

i work as a meducal professional and am thinking to move there in one year, not sure. i do not plan on working in the medical field, and may teach English.

but will hopefully able to come on retirement visa. I do know Spanish , basic communication and of course, continuing to learn. It is hopeful I can, and certainly hope to live humbly and give back to the community as well.

I have been to Cali on multiple occasions and really love the food, culture, and of course , the nature, hiking and learning Salsa.

Thank you for allowing me to introduce myself, and wish everyone very well.

Cam

@Julien

Hi I'm Phil, 65yrs a retired UK Cop, I moved to Colombia in 2012 from Spain where I had been living since retirement in 2006, I am happily married to a Colombiana. I currently live in El Oriente, outside Rionegro, Antioquia.

I am currently on my second Residents visa, and decided last year that, Colombia was home, so last April I applied for Colombian Nationality... still waiting for a decision, the longer that takes, with the current Political climate, I may review that decision.

We live in the Campo, on a small Finca, where my wife has an Avocado business, I spend much of my time on my hobby of Woodwork, and working on maintaining the property. I have always lived outside towns, and Colombia is no different. Thank goodness we are all different, but city life would drive me nuts, as would living amongst fellow Expats.

I look forward to learning new things from others, despite being here 12yrs, I believe you can never know it all.

Hello Phil,

Welcome on board !

Thank you for your introduction. I hope they won't keep you waiting long in regards to citizenship.

Feel free to interact with members on the main Colombia forum by participating to existing threads or creating your own one.

All the best

Bhavna

Hello All,

I am Paul Wells, a retired chiropractor from Charlotte, NC. I have been staying in Colombia 6 months or so per year for about 10 years. I have 2 properties here and would like to sell one, 1804 at Energy Living building, if anyone is interested. I am 60yo and also spend considerable time in Panama.

I look forward to becoming a contributing member of the group and meeting new friends.

Highest Regards,

Paul

@1paulcwells Welcome, Paul! You forgot to say in which city your property for sale is located.

I'm a Jamaican in Bogata looking to meet new people and to meet other Jamaicans. I'm a down to earth person

@1paulcwells Welcome, Paul! You forgot to say in which city your property for sale is located.

-@ChineduOpara

---

I usually don't respond to a post about real estate, especially

on a thread typically reserved for new-member

self introductions.

However, the Energy Living Building in Medellíin -- in this case,

a luxury apartment in El Poblado sector -- could be an opportunity

so special that perhaps our Home Office will allow this post.

The building itself is unique in exterior design -- easy to Google.

It has such amenities as pool, jacuzzi and gym, to mention

a few.  It is near some of the Paisa capital's top shopping malls.

Please correspond with the seller/poster via PM messaging,

so we can return this thread to its original purpose, post haste.

cccmedia in Santander, Colombia

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1056235

Thanks!

Closed