New members of the Spain forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023

I'm from Canada. Will be in Valencia from mid-April to mid-June. Looking for people to road cycle with. Thanks.

HS

Hi everyone. I'm Jenny, Australian and hoping to live in Spain for at least 6 months every year. I've spent a lot of time in the country over the last decade, but of course as Australians we can only stay for 3 months.

I've not got much past investigating ways to live in Spain at this point, however we are looking at retiring in 2026 and would love to make Spain our home for at least part of every year.

@chargetheglobe

Good morning,

You made the right choice Ms.

Cordially

Hola!    We're moving from California to Barcelona this June to retire!   Looking forward to enjoying the sun, tapas and amazing Spanish sites and culture.   I have family there and looking forward to reuniting with them. 

Cheers!

Welcome on board GeorginaJ,

Feel free to participate on the Barcelona forum if you need any infos.

All the best

Bhavna

Hi All,

I'm from the UK, I have plans to move to Galicia for good!! when I've no idea. A  lot more learning needs to happen first...become more confident with speaking and reading.

And the actual finding jobs....visas....place to live.

One step at a time I guess.

Look forward to asking questions on the whole process and how others found it.

Thanks

Jamie

Welcome on board Jamie ^^

I hope you will find all the answers to your questions on the website.

As we always recommend, feel free to open your topic on the Spain forum should you have any question and here is a small guide that might come handy : Living in Spain guide for expats

All the best

Bhavna

Thanks Bhavna!!

Hello everyone! We are a family of four currently residing in Toronto, Canada, planning a move to Valencia. We are hoping to enjoy the mild weather, nature, culture and the walkable and cyclable aspects of Valencia. It will give the kids an opportunity to experience a different culture and learn a new language.

Any and all advice will be very helpful and welcome.

Hello to all of you,

My name is Guillaume (49 years old) and I moved to Villajoyosa (between Alicante and Benidorm) 10 days ago.

I left Paris to join my 15 year old son who is at the international high school in San Juan, I appreciate the gentle way of life, the friendliness and simplicity of the inhabitants here which is a change from the leaden global climate of the capital :)

I am in the process of settling in, I would be delighted to exchange or meet compatriots who would be in the area.

See you soon

@Julien

Hi my name is Annmarie I'm currently living in the uk, we have a holiday home in Spain & are hoping to move there in the next 5 years

Hello my name is Adrian I am 33 years old and I am Spanish.

Lately I am dedicated to helping English-speaking people to find their home in Spain, specifically in the area of Murcia which has excellent beaches and is quiet.

I doubted whether to register but I had been reading the forum for a long time and decided to take the plunge.

Simply to say that if someone needs help to buy a house in my area I will gladly help them.

I have been dedicating myself to this for a long time and people are very happy.

Anything send me a private message through the forum and shortly I will give you my phone number to help you.

Do not hesitate! I read you!

Regards

Hello and welcome on board, Adrian !

Feel free to register your services in the Murcia business directory if you are.a professional so that members can contact you.

All the best

Bhavna

@Bhavna OK, i do it!

Hello, I'm from Venezuela and I'm planning to move to Malaga by end of August ... Currently, I live and work in Sultanate of Oman

Hi Everyone!

My name is Joleen. I am South African and have been living in Madrid for 14 months now and absolutely loving it! The city is rich with culture, the people are incredibly friendly and always willing to help (even if there is a language barrier :)). I have started taking Spanish classes to be able to communicate better.

Been here more than a year and still feel like a tourist! So much to see and do... definitely recommend relocating to Spain to those still pondering.

Hi ,

I'm Paul , with my fiancée Dawn . We live in the U.K. but Dawn owns a house in the Almeria Region near Albox .

We're  hoping to move over soon with our dog on a NLV .

love the area , particularly the beaches in Vera  and Mojacar .

oh and love the weather as well 👍🏻

Hello @Joleen and @ Paul,

Welcome on board !

Thank you for your introduction ^^

Feel free to post your questions on the forums ( Madrid forum and Almeria forum) if you need guidance.

All the best

Bhavna

Hello, I am Spanish 50, based in Andalucía

I offer Conversational Spanish sessions online for beginners (skype)

I am also happy to accompany you in specific situations where you would feel happier with a native speaker helping you for example ...to a doctor, notary or dentist or perhaps professionally on company presentations where relations with clients may be improved by having a Spanish Speaker available.

Feel free to contact me for more information and to book an appointment.

Hello Luna49,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Please note that such an offer should not be posted on the forum.

There is a dedicated section for it and it is the Spain classifieds.

I invite you to post an advert there. Do not forget to use the language classes as the category.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hello, I am Spanish 50, based in Granada-Málaga

I enjoy walking in nature, going to the cinema, traveling, meditation, healthy lifestyle, discovering new places, the sun, the sea and always open to make new friends.

1f60a.svg

@Julien

Hello Everyone,

Richard here. My partner and I are considering purchasing property in Spain, probably along the coast near Barcelona. This would be in late 2024 or early 2025. Both of us are retired.

Can any of you tell us about Vilanova i la Geltru?

Thanks

@karenkstuart Hello! I live in Spain - Madrid. Can I help you in something? Any dough I can help you?

Laura.1f601.svg1f601.svg

@ray8896 Hello, now I am living in Spain. Do yome advise or recomendation?

nice to help you

Madrid.

Hello Gatomalomalo,

Thank you for offering your help.

Follow this link to the Madrid forum where you will find topics opened by members needing help : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=382

All the best

Bhavna

@Luna49 beautiful and hope to meet you soon.

Welcome on board Juliet and thank you for this lovely introduction.

I also hope that you get to meet like-minded members on the forum and why not take a trip to Morocco or Vietnam with them.

Should you have any info, feel free to participate on existing threads of the Spain forum or even initiate a thread of your own.

all the best

Bhavna

Hi all,

Looking for new friends and connections in Mallorca, Spain.

Please send me a message if you want to meet a regular but friendly soul for a coffee, ice cream or refreshment in Palma.

Hello everyone, my name is Michelle Nadia. I'm from Kenya. I moved to Spain(Barcelona) 3months ago to study .I'm currently studying tourism and hospitality and  also looking for a full time job in the hospitality industry since the school is closed. I will really be glad if somebody from this forum  could help me find something in Barcelona.

Hi Everyone! I am Evon. I currently live in States. I will soon move to Spain. We are finalizing our new property in South Tenerife. This is a very helpful platform for people like us.   

¡Hola a todos! 👋 I'm John, an adventurous expat living the dream in sunny Spain! 🇪🇸 Originally from Australia, I've made the bold decision to embrace the Spanish culture, language, and lifestyle. Join me as I embark on this incredible journey, discovering the magic of Spain one tapa at a time.

Welcome on board everyone !

I hope you'll find the information and the support you are looking for on our forums.

Should you have any question or need for info, feel free to start your own thread on the Spain forum.

All the best

Bhavna

Hi there,

For the past remarkable 35 years,English living in Costa Blanca. I have had the immense pleasure of calling this picturesque paradise my home.

I eagerly join this forum, brimming with anticipation to connect with fellow enthusiasts who share my love for Denia and the exquisite tapestry of experiences it offers. Let us embark on a journey of discovery, where our collective stories intertwine, and the magic of Denia comes alive through our words.

Andre

@Julien

Hello. I will be in Valencia for 2 weeks in August while my 17 year old is at the Levante Training Center in Bunol.

I am an American who lived in Mexico for 11 years and currently in North Carolina until we find out what country my son will be playing in. I am a 52 year old male.

Thanks

Hello, everyone! My name is Monica and I have recently moved to Spain with my Spanish husband, our 6-year old daughter, and our Lhasa Apso, after living 12 years in California. I previously lived in England for 12 years. I grew up in Lima, Peru.

Hi all,

I moved to Galicia in northern Spain for homesteading / self-sufficiency.  I am looking for a cluster of expats in the countryside who have chosen a similar lifestyle, somewhere in Galicia or elsewhere in the north, so we could engage in mutual exchange and help each other, with the possibility of eventually organizing a community.  I am currently renting a country home with land in the province of Ourense, and am willing to relocate and purchase a property for homesteading.  Would appreciate anyone private messaging me if you have some clues, or for potential engagement / exchange.

Kind regards,

BTW fluent in English, Spanish, French

Hello expat.com community!

My name is Camila Parra del Castillo, and I am a passionate Colombian traveler. I am excited to join this forum to connect with people who share my love for travel and adventure.

From a very young age, I discovered my passion for exploring new places, immersing myself in diverse cultures and discovering the beauty that the world has to offer. I have been fortunate to travel to different destinations within my beloved Colombia and also to venture beyond its borders.

Every trip is an opportunity to learn, grow and live unforgettable experiences. I love to immerse myself in the local cuisine, learn words in new languages and connect with people from different backgrounds.

As a Colombian, I am always willing to share the warmth and hospitality of my country with those who wish to do so. I am also open to receive advice and recommendations from other experienced travelers to help me plan my next adventures.

I am always looking for new routes, exotic destinations and exciting activities to add to my list of travel dreams. I would love to hear your stories, experiences and tips on how to make each trip even more special.

I hope to have the opportunity to connect with each of you and share our fascinating experiences as travel lovers!

Thank you for welcoming me!

Camila Parra del Castillo

Hi Camila, it is very nice to see you here.

Hi ***

Moderated by Bhavna 8 months ago
Reason : Please create an advert in the Spain classifieds
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Julien

hi I'm Leanne

I am currently in Yecla, Costa Calidad. I come here when I can in line with Brexit Rules.

I would love to try staying in el campo near  Barcelona.

I currently help with rescue animals here on a finca. I travel with my two old Great Danes.

In London I dog sit in peoples homes, so if anyone wants a 1-3 month sitter- I'm up for this. I can provide references.

Closed