Recommending places to eat.

Hi All

Going back through some old posts I read in “ Off Topic Posts” a response written by Colinoscapee about allowing long term posters a chance to recommend places to eat (11-11-22)  Personally I think that this is a great idea. Being very much a huge street food and small family run “Restaurant” fan, I'm always on the lookout for new places to enjoy Vietnamese food. I do believe that these posters would not be pushing their friends or family business because much is already known about their ties in previous posts.

Just Food for thought (pun intended)

Wadey.

Hi All
Going back through some old posts I read in “ Off Topic Posts” a response written by Colinoscapee about allowing long term posters a chance to recommend places to eat (11-11-22) Personally I think that this is a great idea. Being very much a huge street food and small family run “Restaurant” fan, I'm always on the lookout for new places to enjoy Vietnamese food. I do believe that these posters would not be pushing their friends or family business because much is already known about their ties in previous posts.
Wadey.
-@Wadey

People have indeed done this with places like Bellies in VT and Indian food and fish & chip shops, bbq places etc, the only drawback is where to post do we start a "where to eat thread" which will fill with every known place by every member on the forum, how many posts before they can start posting a place?

Within a few days it will have a long list of moderated links to biz as soon as a restaurant hears they can add theirs.

There already is a biz directory where members can do exactly what you are saying which keeps it away from the open forum, but everyone ignores it saying its useless maybe if people added their places and pointed people towards it it wouldn't be so useless.

Also if anyone asks all members have to do is send a PM.

Hi All
Going back through some old posts I read in “ Off Topic Posts” a response written by Colinoscapee about allowing long term posters a chance to recommend places to eat (11-11-22) Personally I think that this is a great idea. Being very much a huge street food and small family run “Restaurant” fan, I'm always on the lookout for new places to enjoy Vietnamese food. I do believe that these posters would not be pushing their friends or family business because much is already known about their ties in previous posts.
Wadey.
-@Wadey

I've never had a problem copying a Google maps link and writing the name of a place.

Unless it's a government office or something I usually don't write the address.

I definitely never post the phone number as that can be found in the Google maps link along with the street address.

I definitely don't share website links for individual businesses like that.

Following those limitations I've never had one of my recommendations removed.

Hi All
Wadey.
-@Wadey

I've never had a problem copying a Google maps link and writing the name of a place.

Unless it's a government office or something I usually don't write the address.

I definitely never post the phone number as that can be found in the Google maps link along with the street address.

I definitely don't share website links for individual businesses like that.

Following those limitations I've never had one of my recommendations removed.
-@OceanBeach92107

Yes correct members do post well known places:- here, same

"When you get there, search Google Maps for

"Belly's Watering Hole":

53D Phan Chu Trinh

Phường 2

Vũng Tầu

Bà Rịa - Vũng Tàu"

So members do post

I realise that this isnt the just of the thread but rather than starting a new one that may be confused with this one i thought i should post here.

Please could someone recomend good places to eat that are reasonably (for vietnam) quiet and i can have my own table at as i have mild aspergers  and get anxious if i feel people are staring. talking about me (i know they probably arn't) as i will have to eat with a knife and fork etc i feel that would set me apart and make it worse if at a shared table.

At the moment i will be visiting hannoi hoi an and nah trang (i already have somewhere set up for hcm as been there before) anywhere upto 1,000,000 vnd for a main meal and glass of wine is fine

please feel free to pm recomendations if its easier to stay with in the rules

many thanks

coop