Traveler's insurance as resident?

Can you get traveler's insurance if you are coming on a work visa or living on a TRC? Or do you need a different kind of insurance plan in that case? I won't have any through my employer because I'd be working part-time.

If I come on an e-visa, traveler's insurance is fine at least until I get a TRC, right?

P.S. I know this has been talked to death on this forum and I haven't finished reading through the backlog yet. But if anyone has any recommendations for health insurance, traveler's or otherwise, for a young healthy Canadian who's primarily worried about motorbike accidents, please drop them below.

Can you get traveler's insurance if you are coming on a work visa or living on a TRC? Or do you need a different kind of insurance plan in that case? I won't have any through my employer because I'd be working part-time.
If I come on an e-visa, traveler's insurance is fine at least until I get a TRC, right?

P.S. I know this has been talked to death on this forum and I haven't finished reading through the backlog yet. But if anyone has any recommendations for health insurance, traveler's or otherwise, for a young healthy Canadian who's primarily worried about motorbike accidents, please drop them below.
-@dustanddirtofheaven

You mentioned bike accidents, many insurers wont cover you unless you have a local license. You may be best off getting hospital cover, but more expensive than travel insurance.

@colinoscapee I should have specified--I'm worried about accidents while on Grab taxi motorbikes. I'm not planning to get behind the wheel myself for a while. Does anyone cover me as a passenger?

Best to contact insurers in Canada to get an idea whats available. You may be able to use travellers insurance, but check the exclusions.

@dustanddirtofheaven Please check your private messages. My Vietnamese wife will not comment on the Expat post. While most expats are very kind and helpful a few are very rude and have hurt her in the past. With that being said, she still has a soft spot in her heart for expats and would like to help you. You will find her contact information in the private message I sent you. All information is freely given without any high pressure salesperson breathing down your back.