Buying a used car

My son visited a main dealer to look at a car priced at 14600 today but the was told that the actual price would be 1300 higher, plus the cost of the Carte Gris. It seems the additional cost if for preparing the car! Is this normal in France?

Hello ask your question rather on the car forums for my part I do not know but it is true that it seems a bit much

bought a used car in France not long ago-I was able to negotiate the price to get the car ready-I think it is a usual fee on top of the price of the vehicle but perhaps negotiation is in order. Good luck.

i don't have any idea about it ...

Here is for the cost of the carte grise (which is mandatory, of course) https://www.service-public.fr/particuli … its/F19211

As for the extra 1300€, can the car dealer explain what that includes?

"Preparing the car", does it have scratches, etc? Haven't they checked it out already?

Hello !

It seems the additional cost if for preparing the car!  - You did not ask him about it? So why this fee ?  may be it is not about preparation at all..

@Hélène PG thank you for your help

@petervirdee11 Hello Good morning Im very Interested Let me know if still available ..

@bikepal we bought a car in April and there was a fee to prepare the card plus the cost of the carte gris and insurance (which was a nightmare to arrange!)

@jeveriss Purchasing a trade-in vehicle includes the most common way of buying a vehicle that has had a past proprietor. Here are the means engaged with purchasing a pre-owned vehicle:

1. Set a spending plan: Decide the amount you will spend on a trade-in vehicle, thinking about your monetary circumstance, the sort of vehicle you really want, and any extra costs like protection and upkeep.

2. Research: Exploration different vehicle models that line up with your necessities and inclinations. Consider angles, for example, unwavering quality, eco-friendliness, wellbeing highlights, and upkeep costs. Focus on any normal issues related with explicit models or years.

3. Decide your necessities: Ponder the particular highlights and prerequisites you have for a vehicle. Consider factors, for example, size, seating limit, freight space, innovation, and security highlights. This will assist you with reducing your choices.

4. Find expected vehicles: Search for utilized vehicles through different sources, for example, online classifieds, showrooms, vehicle closeouts, and confidential merchants. The web has a great many choices accessible, making it helpful to look at costs and models.

5. Investigate the vehicle: When you track down an expected vehicle, organize to examine it. Truly examine the vehicle and step through it for an examination drive. Search for any indications of harm, rust, or mechanical issues. Check the vehicle's set of experiences report utilizing administrations like Carfax or AutoCheck, which give data on mishaps, support, and past possession.

6. Get a pre-buy examination: It is prescribed to have a believed repairman review the vehicle prior to going with a last choice. They can recognize any basic issues that may not be obvious to you during the investigation.

7. Arrange the value: Utilize the data you assembled from your examination and assessment to arrange the cost with the merchant. Be ready to leave in the event that the cost doesn't line up with the condition and worth of the vehicle.

8. Funding and administrative work: On the off chance that you require supporting, investigate advance choices from banks, credit associations, or showrooms. When you settle the arrangement, guarantee that all important desk work is finished, including the title move, enrollment, and protection.

9. Support and possession: In the wake of buying the trade-in vehicle, ensure you move the protection and enrollment into your name. Follow the maker's prescribed upkeep timetable to keep the vehicle moving along as expected.

Make sure to take as much time as necessary, do intensive exploration, investigate the vehicle cautiously, and settle on an educated choice to track down a pre-owned vehicle that addresses your issues and fits reasonably affordable for you.