Foreign girl lives with egyptian guy

is it okay for a foreign girl to live with Egyptian guy in his own apartment , Not rented ..? any problems in that?

@Mohamed .Samir39 it's perfectly fine.

@Mohamed .Samir39

I assume you've found an answer to this question already but it is going to depend if the building where he lives has a bawaab (doorman), as he may give the tenant (even if the landlord is OK with it) a hard time for having guests of the opposite sex that are not married. If you're in a building without doorman, then this would be OK.

What about neighbors, what about our culture and concepts, that's what you need to advise her with.

Our Religion & culture not only frowns upon such situations living together without marriage, it forbids it, as a result, you may get into a lot of trouble from neighbors in the building or street for such an act. Simply, get married "Ourfi" with 2 papers and it takes less than 10 minutes

@Nnice Rythm why would you suggest orfi? That is not the solution. Althought it can be used with good intentions, it can also cause alot of problems for foreign women who do not understand it. What they should do is stay separate and build their relationship before living together or even getting married.

@Nnice Rythm I was once to UAE lived with male roommate nothing caused trouble it has nothing to do with culture as UAE an Arab country it's my privacy I will not be getting anything that would offend your culture or civil laws it's all respected, but don't force me to an orfi marriage to stay 

@Nnice Rythm There's a lot of pressure on foreign women to get a Orfei whether in fact most don't want to incur the problems that having an Egyptian. Partner can introduce.

They all have this misconception that an Orfei will stake a claim in the woman and manage to attain them a visa to Europe when clearly this is not the case.

Europe is a lot more difficult to enter than most Egyptian men realise. The governments are extremely aware of the motivation that leads an unemployed or lowly employed Egyptian to target a British or European woman and a waiter has not a hope in hell of getting a resident visa. So dream on Mehmet lol 😂

All foreign women be aware if you are foolish enough to marry an Egyptian man especially one of low education if you own a property you will be scammed out of it following the inevitable divorce. The Egyptian judge will  always award it to the unemployed or lowly paid husband despite him not having our one pound j to the purchase!!

@Elizabeth9090 UAE not considered to be Conservative as Egypt does, staying with male alone together without marriage (I don't recommend an orfi either) against the law.. you don't have to bear consequences for that idiotic act.. use Airbnb you will easily find suitable place for you

@Sunflower02 keep in mind it hurts our pride when you stereotype us, bad examples doesn't mean all of us are alike

Yes Jamal, you are right, but don't forget this is a forum for Expats, a nice British way of saying foreign migrants living in Egypt, if you are foreign living in Britain you are a migrant but if British living abroad you are an Expat. Next you have to consider that, a lot, not all, Expats consider themselves a cut above the locals, I have seen it many times. Next, and the root of the issue is culture and not really religion. The cultures in Egypt and Europe / the west are radically different and a lot of Expats, not all, expect Egyptian culture and laws don't really apply to the them or that Egyptians should bend to their culture.

I always tell people "When in Rome do as the Romans do" and if you don't like doing it Rome's way go home.

I am an intermittent Irish migrant living in Egypt and married to my beautiful Egyptian wife Asmaa for over 10 years and when my wife lives in Ireland she lives by Irish culture and when I live in Egypt I live by Egyptian culture.

As I said Egypt and Europe and very different and if you don't see and recognise that you are in for a ball of trouble but if you do you will have a great time. It's all about perspective and respect.

I have seen on here and personally experienced many European women become romantically involved with Egyptian men and even with the good ones it nearly always ends in trouble and why? because they don't understand their respective cultures.

As they say in Ireland "Love is blind but marriage will open your eyes".

Myself and my wife are successful because we spent 2 years together before getting married, understood our respective cultures and to a lesser extent religions and our respective families and put up with a fair amount of hassle on both sides.

So that's our twopence worth of advice and experience.

Kindest Regards

Ray

Thank you Ray.. speaking of which I smell racism against every single Egyptian male over here, this has to be stopped... we are not responsible for any wrong choices done by foreign girls, anyway I believe there are always mutual ground between both of us diverged at certain points yes but it still bearable for both sides and if I have to choose between west and east I will tend to the west rather than China. Basically physical, age, social, and cultural compatibility are 4 keys for one door of any successful marriage aside from distance color or religion... my cousin my brother are having incredible harmony with their foreign wives while many guys didn't found harmony with girls of the same country You are another example added into my list I'm happy for you and Asmaa wishing you all the best my Irish friend 😊 good luck

@Jamal_Sabry sounds like you threatening me

@Jamal_Sabry add me to your list too

@Elizabeth9090 I tell you what sorry for my advice do whatever you want 🤦‍♂️

@Jamal_Sabry seriously 😐

@Misterbig_Ireland

I don't normally take part in discussions here, but Misterbig_Ireland's post spoke so much from my heart that I just want to thank him for it.

With my best wishes to all who read that,

Friedrich (Austrian "part-time" expat who lives in Egypt, visits Uganda frequently, and has been happily married to an Englishwoman in Austria for more than 23 years).

@ Moesslacher .. Thank you 😊... Ray