Veterans Health. Please Read

Good morning, I was just put on noticed that there are many Veterans clinics opening, especially in the Puerto Plata/Sosua  Area, which have about 6-8 clinics. 

Please note, these clinics are NOT affiliated with the Department of Veterans Affairs. 

These people who are opening clinics are targeting US Veterans so they can bill the VA Foreign Medical Program, Tricare and ChampVA.  They are billing for services that are Not medically necessary. 

Do not become a victim for people trying to make a buck with under your name.  Don't get me wrong.... go where you need to get treated, but keep in mind that these providers have your personal information such as SSN# and in a 3rd world county there is not much that can be done. 

I have visited most of the Veterans clinics that included Santo Domingo, Santiago and Puerto Plata.  The one I preferred has top notch security EHR system which is iWellness Veterans Center.  It is a Veteran owned clinic.  They have primary care, lab, physical therapy and even in-patient rooms for Vets with mental health issues.   

So again, I  suggest that all Veterans do a little research before choosing your healthcare provider. 

@StevenMIA Great post. Well done. We are working with the American Expeditionary Legion . They do have very good health care plans for members in the Dominican Rep.

Here is a link to this

veteranshealthinsurancedominicanrepublic.weebly.com/

What you are doing is important but you need to put this in the classified section please.

@planner I think you have done a very good job moderating such a group of people with so many personalities and motives. All in all it's been a very good source of information and the good far outweighs any negatives. On this topic I feel you have definitely got it wrong. No one is trying to make any money but only sharing information that is valuable to a qualifying American Veteran living or visiting the country. I appreciate if you will let the thread continue so that many like myself will be more equipped if we need medical services.

@Michael Shirley How many veteran expats do you think will look in the classified ads for help relating healthcare info. I have also used iwellness in Santiago.....excellent service, advise and assistance with my claim resulting in an increase in my benefit.

@drilsgt I don't think any will look in the classifieds looking for medical care for those who have benefits from the VA. This is why I ask Planner to let those that can share information about healthcare for us to freely post information on this thread

It's not about money at all.  I don't make the rules.  The classifieds do not cost money!  Once you do that you can say, check the classifieds for contact info.  Simple.

@Planner:  Like others, I misunderstood your intentions.  I think you are simply telling them to add it to the classified section as well so that people can be directed there easily.  Not that anything wrong has been done.  If I understand you now...

I am not a Vet nor American but this information does seem important to those that are.

Cheers.

CORRECT,  please  add to the classifieds.  We have a rule of not posting private website links.   It does not matter what it is for. If we do not moderate this I then get all kinds of -  but  Fulano did it, why can't I. So I have to follow the rules.

What you are doing is awesome!   Just place the classifieds and you can post that link any time you need to!  Thanks!

**** Funny story about Fulano...... I did not not know what or who that was for  6 months when I first moved here.....  I thought Fulano was really really a busy guy!

@planner  ' Fulano de estar    ' popular Dominican phrase! LOL

I know!  😜😜😜 But when I didn't know it was sure funny!!!!

@planner thank you for clarifying. Kudos to the website and the way it is run!

Thanks for the perspective on Veteran's Clinics.  There are all types.

The warning is appropriate.  If a Veteran innocently uses a clinic that charges the VA for numerous unnecessary medical exams, tests, treatments, prescriptions, etc., they can absolutely LOSE their VA medical treatment benefits.

• Essentially, such a scam Constitutes FRAUD at least on such a clinic's part, and even if the Veteran is unaware of the fraudulent activities, they can be swept up into investigations that last years.
  • Appeals may eventually return the benefits, but that really isn't a ride you want to embark upon.
  • In a worst case, you could face jail time!  YES, that is possible...and the clinic operators would be quite willing to unjustly place blame on the Veterans, if it gets them lighter sentences.

Be VERY careful regarding who you're utilizing to obtain VA medical benefits.  Do your due diligence BEFORE you engage them.

Jim

ExpatRusher

@StevenMIA

M husband is a Marine Veteran and was registered at the Juvante Veterans Health Care in Sosua.  Do you know if this clinic is legit?  How can I found out which clinics are legit(