Rent a flat or a house in Vienna

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Vienna. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Vienna.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Vienna?

How to find a home in Vienna: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

We join Christine and we will be grateful for your advice what is the best web site or real estate agency which can help us to find the apartment or house in Vienna or neighborhood (10-12 km from Vienna). We are planning to come to Vienna on the 11th of September for 3 weeks (for the beginning) and after that we would like to look for the long term rental.

Thanks in advance!

We join Christine and we will be grateful for your advice what is the best web site or real estate agency which can help us to find the apartment or house in Vienna or neighborhood (10-12 km from Vienna). We are planning to come to Vienna on the 11th of September for 3 weeks (for the beginning) and after that we would like to look for the long term rental.

Hello, since I'm doing a similar research I decided not to start a new topic. I recently found some useful web sites - wohnnet.at and seg.at, but only with the aid of a local friend of mine. The main problem is that they are written in German. Is there someone who can recommend more firms or online platform where flats or houses in Vienna are offered, if possible in English?

christina_80 wrote:

Hello, since I'm doing a similar research I decided not to start a new topic. I recently found some useful web sites - wohnnet.at and seg.at, but only with the aid of a local friend of mine. The main problem is that they are written in German. Is there someone who can recommend more firms or online platform where flats or houses in Vienna are offered, if possible in English?

http://www.sreal.at/en

Is in both German & English.

I do recomend to download Google Chrome as a browser, as it translate any foreign website in to English.

@Christine yes, it is hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Vienna.

Hello and welcome Menakanavaneeth13,

Thank you for your input. Please note that this is an old thread we posted back in 2011.

I would invite you to tell us a bit about yourself on the the New members of the Austria forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023 since you are a new member.

We will be glad to know a bit more about you.

All the best

Bhavna