Menu
Expat.com
Search
Magazine
Search

New CRNM Card waiting time

I was at the polícia federal almost 3 weeks ago to register my (retirement) visa, everything went well and she told me that I was gonna receive an invitation via email to pick up my CRNM card.

About a week later I received an email with a temporary document that contains the same information that will be on the card (RNM number, expiration date, passport photo), so I know my case has been worked on and they have my correct email address. However since then (about 2 weeks ago) I haven’t received any more news, and I’m starting to wonder if I should maybe try to contact them about the card (I guess the only way would be to show up at the polícia federal with my temporary document and ask them if / when my card is ready).

Has anyone recently received a CRNM card and do you remember how long it took? My temporary documents are valid until December 9.

See also

Further reading