Menu
Expat.com
Search
Magazine
Search

Anyone here from Rio Grande do Sul?

Hi guys,


Hope you all are well and looking forward to the weekend. I'm here in Rio Grande do Sul, it's my 3 month here, I haven't found many English speaking people in Novo Hamburgo other than my lawyer. I was hoping to see if I can meet and hang out with someone that's interested. My wife also has a brother in law who speaks quite a bit of English but I don't get to see him much. Would love to connect with someone here. Wish you guys a great weekend.

1 member reacted to this post
See also

@FahadQ No, I live in Northeastern Brazil in the state of Ceara, but I love your door. My house is also blue.


Roddie in Retirement😎

1 member reacted to this post

Hi Roddie,


Thank you for your reply and your appreciation for the blue door, however, this picture is from Balat, Istanbul, Turkey. A beautiful neighborhood, quite uphill and taxing for the knees but stunning nonetheless. How is retirement treating you and how is the North-East of Brazil?

1 member reacted to this post

@FahadQ

Hey mate. Send me a msg. I'm in NH as well.

Hey Felipe, I just saw your message! very cool. Maybe we can meet sometimes. I'll DM you my whatsapp number. Let's get in touch! wish you're enjoying your time here.

23 Sept 2026


RG do Sul is on my bucket list to visit.  I would love to visit all the wineries and taste the best of Brazilian wine....  Any information on wine tours or any culinary specialties of the region....


Best.

@Pablo888

Bruv RG and Uruguay are def good places for that. Hit me up if you come by and I give you a hand with that.

@Felipe Co

Sept 24, 2026

I will definitely ping you.  Since I am in the Nordeste, my current plan is to visit the São Francisco Valley in Pernambuco this year.  I heard that this area has great wineries....

Further reading