Menu
Expat.com
Search
Magazine
Search

Want to connect with expats in Florence

Hi, My name is Toni and I am from Oregon.  Ever since I took my granddaughter to Florence for years ago I have been dreaming of either a long-term visit or moving to Florence.

I am retired now and the opportunity is now real.

I am wanting to find other expats who have moved there and what the experience is, how difficult is has or has not been and any advice.


Thank you!

See also

Hello Toni,


Welcome to Expat.com 😀


Please note that your thread has now been moved to the Florence forum.


I hope you will be able to find the information you are looking for here.


Also, feel free to ask more specific questions, as this usually makes it easier for members to share their experience. 😊


Cheers,


Cheryl

Expat.com team

@tonihuz

Ciao Toni.  Similar-ish situation.  I am in Rome actually, moved here in March after retirement from NASA.  New job here for a year or so to give it a try.  At least when working here, the process is veeeeery difficult, but I was fortunate to have my employer sponser me and usher all the paperwork and fees with and for me.  It took me 9 moths to get my work permit and another 3 to get my residency permit.  (last month).  So only now I can take. my drivers test so I can lease or buy a car.  Yes, you can only rent a car every 29 days,, and the price doubles in the summer months.  I am studying now to take the theory test hopefully in a week or 2. 

Well, give me a shout for any reason.  You are my first contact on this service, as I only joined a few weeks ago.


Good luck!


Barry

Further reading