Volunteer work in Egypt

I've been working as a volunteer in my country, but I would like to know what kind of volunteer work is possible in Egypt.
I've heard about volunteers in orphanages. Do anyone have any experience with charity and volunteer work in Cairo or any other place in Egypt?
Hope to hear from u guys.

if you are interested about animal volunteering

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=73121

plus about orphans or charity in egypt, i hope this can help

http://www.resala.org/

its in arabic but its the bigest organization here as i used to go from about more than 10 years and of course any time you can visit any small Orphanage any day any time and play and have fun with the baby kids :)

Thanks for the links, but do u know any small orphanages in Cairo?

yes of course there are alot but unfortunately they do't have internet sites, but its easy to connect or to visit at least

Sousou88 wrote:

Thanks for the links, but do u know any small orphanages in Cairo?

hi sousou,

i know of one orphanage in luxor and have copied the link below:
http://www.sunshine-international.org.uk/

i haven't personally volunteered there but came across an article a year or so ago in the guardian newspaper out of london regarding their work. the website has lots of pics you can view to get a feel for the orphanage.

if you have time to take a trip down to luxor, it might be of interest.

i also would like to do the same and its also interesting to read up on the programs and services in place in egypt for orphans.

cheers,

k

Hello Katyusha,

I've heard about the orphanage in Luxor, my friends' sister volunteers there, but thanks anyway. I wanna go there next time i'll be visiting Luxor, but until then it would be good to visit an orphanage in Cairo. Maybe someone would like to join me and meet the kids. I really want to help in every way I can.

/S

Sousou88 wrote:

Hello Katyusha,

I've heard about the orphanage in Luxor, my friends' sister volunteers there, but thanks anyway. I wanna go there next time i'll be visiting Luxor, but until then it would be good to visit an orphanage in Cairo. Maybe someone would like to join me and meet the kids. I really want to help in every way I can.

/S

honestly you have to know that even if you went alone then for sure you will find many young people doing the same and already enjoying it :)
from my experience it gives you a nice spiritual calm feelings inside.

and it depends where you will stay as every area almost have more than 2 or 3 orphan places.

Good Luck

Moe, I'll be living in Heliopolis.
Haitham, thanks! Sounds great with events for the kids. I used to organize some events myself in my country. So it could be very interesting for me to see what kind of events u do for the children.

Sousou88 wrote:

Moe, I'll be living in Heliopolis.

it means you will always be busy around with kids :)

Haitham A. El Hashmy wrote:

fine.. i have event tomorrow for the cancer pateints..and in the next week im going to visit the kids..welcome to join..

I'm moving to Cairo in september :-)
But thanks anyway.

The organization's mission is to foster cross-cultural awareness and promote international education. As a volunteer, it means uninhibited interactive sessions. It is the meeting of likeminded people from varied fields and it gives a sense of belonging, to everyone who's involved with it.