Retirement in Morocco

Hi am looking at retirement in Morocco end of next year
I've visited Morocco in 2015 just loved the country  am from New Zealand  I met beautiful people there
Am looking for a rented flat in Essourie  long term
I've been intouch with the Kingdom of Morocco Australia and New Zealand about details on what has to be done
So I know what I have to do there
Right now am looking for a flat 1 all 2 bedrooms
So if anyone can guild me in this direction will be so grateful

Thanks

Hi , you looking for a rented flat  in Essaouira,  iam from marrakesh,  but i can show you some website  that can help you find your flat ,

Hi thank you that will be great
If you could show me some websites

Mubawab website is the best one.  If you go through agency or a medium person you have to pay them.  You can always move into an Airbnb and negotiate a good deal and give yourself some time to find something.
I am an Australian living in Marrakech.
Belinda

Hi thank you  for your information
Can  you tell me the cost of a 1/ 2 Bedroom flat am having trouble trying to get into the website you sent me

Airbnb is nice place to find what you looking for.

Hi  Airbnb  explain please

Airbnb is an online marketplace which lets people rent out their properties or spare rooms to guests.

Thank you so much for the information
Will be looking at some places

Hi can you rent long term say 12months  ?
All is it short term would appreciate information

Hi Belinda
Just a question around these Airbnb can you rent them for 12months ?  In Essaouira
Am just getting all the information I can
Regards
Love Vicki

Hi vicki

I admire your plan and wish you well
What about health considerations and do you know anyone in Morocco

Hey Vicki ,
You can find a flat to rent in facebook market and in avito and mubawab but thats need you to contact the owners with the moroccan language just some speak english , and about the 12 month rent you will find but that most of them rent untill summer time because they make more in summer by rent them per day ...
Soufian .

Hi friend
Am just looking for information
And yes 12months is what am looking at
I've looked at Airbnb alot of options there
So when is the start of summer in Morocco

summer time start from juin at every year and some start it from may .

Hi there. Glad to see you're starting your plan to retire to Morocco next year. We're planning to retire there too, but we're still about 3 or 4 years out. What kind of paperwork is needed and how much monthly income would be needed for 2 people who want to live simply in Rabat?

All the best!

Hi, you can easily rent a flat for one year or even more, you only have to agree upon it with the landlord and include the period in the contract, in fact, according to moroccan law, once you sign the contract  even for one month, the land lord has no right to remove you from the property if you wanted to stay more, as long as you pay the rent and as long as the landlord owns another place to stay, but it is recommended to include the period in the contract.

Regarding the issue that people would only rent their flat until summer, that's actually right in the past years, but that's not the case nowadays because of the pandemic, if you go to Essaouira now it's like you're in a ghost town, there is no tourists there, and people would beg you to attend their property.

Here is a link to a custom search in the avito.ma website where you can find some options and chat with the owner or even call him, but unfortunately it is in french.
https://www.avito.ma/fr/essaouira/appartements-à_louer

Best regards

Hi
Just read your reply thank you when I say long term I s the rent payment done monthly  all weekly all every two weeks
Also what does DH Mean please

"DH" refers to the currency which is the moroccan dirham. the prices you see in the link I sent you are usually per month, there are some which are per night but you'll distinguish them by the low price which usually only three numbers "xxx DH".

To live sample in Morocco, you will be good with about 500$ for two people for the whole month.