Expatriation to Morocco: border updates

Hello everyone,

in Morocco as elsewhere, the current pandemic has changed our way of life but also our mobility, due to the state of borders of nearby countries or countries we wanted to visit.

Today we would like to take stock of the current border situation in Morocco and collect your testimonies, whether you are already an expat there or still preparing your move.

Is the country currently accessible to newcomers?

Have quarantine measures been put in place? If so, what are they?

What about leaving the territory as an expat resident? Will you be able to easily reach Morocco if you leave it temporarily?

How does the current borders state impact you, whether you are already an expatriate in Morocco or are planning to move there soon?

Do you have some visibility about the future of borders in your country of expatriation, in the longer or shorter term?

Thank you in advance for your contribution :)

Cheryl,
Expat.com team

At this stage New Zealand n Australia international borders are closed
Both countries are looking at maybe January 2021

I just got back last Saturday with my two different Covid exams and invitation letter. Life is quite normal here apart from the 10pm curfew and having to wear masks when out in public. Definitely not as stressful and inconsistent as Europe. Far more peaceful and politically stable that The US. Arranging my carte sejour now because it will surely be a pain in the butt, entering and exiting The Kingdom otherwise. Tourism here is experiencing a low curb, but I am confident that by the end of the year Morocco will rebound. It's safe, there are precautionary check points and a strong sense of community. Moroccans have been empathetic, kind welcoming and forgiving time and time again. I hope that the government eases curfew restrictions soon. I hope a committee is formed in the bigger cities to holds some exceptional corrupt Wilaya officers accountable. Overall, I feel much better here than in Western countries as they seem to have mostly become police states. Many countries are claiming higher cases just to claim emergency funds and are mismanaging public funds in the name of hygiene and safety.

Hi am planning on moving to Morocco 2021/ 2022 well that's on my wish bucket
Only if its safe to move there in which I know it would be am sure
Regards
Love Vicki

I just got to Morocco from the US a couple days ago - to enter as a foreigner, you'd need a negative Covid-19 test within 72 hours of departure, a letter of invitation from government/business OR proof of a hotel reservation during your stay, as well as a health formulary you can either download online (search Covid-19 health form Morocco to find it) or receive it at the entry and fill it in there. I suggest having it ready beforehand to pass quickly. Otherwise, entry is fine, things are good here comparatively speaking, just be sure to wear a mask in public and with others in groups, socially distance, and be ready to be checked on rare occasion by authorities for a couple simple questions. Moroccan tourism will be picking up as predicted and it's a good place to be as long as you stay safe and obey health procedures.

Hi, do you know what the situation is with respect to visiting our apartment in Agadir?

My wife is Moroccan...