Family reunification non EU

Hi,

I hope you guys are doing well and that you could fend off the covid. I really need answers
concerning family reunification in Malta, unfortunately there's nothing on the web about it. so my questions are:

1) how long it generaly takes to have an answer from Identity Malta, knowing that we applied last week?

2) we have seen in the checklist, that the sponsor must stay for a minimum period of 2 years in Malta in order to apply for a family reunion, unfortunately I came to Malta in the last of October 2019. so is it realy mandatory to stay 2 years?

Please note that my salary meets the requirements, and that both of us are algerians, and finaly, she actualy is in algeria.

thank you so much, and stay safe !

It says 2 years for a reason.
Minimum two years as proven non dependent then you may apply.
Yours aye,
Prof. S J A Newton

Hi Nabil-alg !

I'm Loïc from the moderation team and it's nice to meet you !

Regarding your questions, I will let our expats answer, dont hesitate to use the search tool (on the top right corner of your computer screen) to see if anyone had already a situation similar or close to yours, maybe you will find some answers ,)

Wishing you a great day and stay safe :)

Regards.

Loïc
Expat.com Team

Probably take a few weeks to receive answer a week is too soon! Nobody replies quickly in Malta you need patience,good luck.

hi, thanks for taking the time, could you please clarify this point ?

Nabil-alg wrote:

hi, thanks for taking the time, could you please clarify this point ?

If you were referring to my answer, you need patience here as it takes a long time to get an answer from any government department.

thank you madam !

Family reunification application by law is processed up to 9 months.

As far as I know normally takes 4-6 months here.

hi nabil,

im moroccan and my husband is brazlian living in malta and we have to same situation us u , my husband moved to malta februry 2019 and last september 2020 , he applied for reunification family with id malta and its around 6 months without any feedback , could u plz help me with more informations