Change of adress on the e-residence card.Can anybody help

Can anybody help? We need to change our adress on the e-recidence card and somebody told us that we have to have a lot of documents to do that.
What do we need? besides the resident card we have, beside the new contract for the apartment we now rent. All the other document we needed the first time they allready have, don´t they?.  What do we need to do it the easy way? How long time will It take?
Hope You can help.

Why don't you ring and ask?

Telephone numbers are on this link.........

https://homeaffairs.gov.mt/en/MHAS-Info … dence.aspx

Terry

annjette wrote:

Can anybody help? We need to change our adress on the e-recidence card and somebody told us that we have to have a lot of documents to do that.
What do we need? besides the resident card we have, beside the new contract for the apartment we now rent. All the other document we needed the first time they allready have, don´t they?.  What do we need to do it the easy way? How long time will It take?
Hope You can help.

As EU Nationals, when we changed our address, we were asked to take whichever form applied to the category we were applying under ( form J in our case) together with the completed ID forms as follows.

Form ID 1A - Electronic Identity Registration Form for non-Maltese Nationals
Form ID 2 - Image Capture Application Form

We did not have to take the supporting documentation but did take passports and eResidence with copies of both and spare photos,just in case.
New cards were ready in just over 2 weeks but that was a year ago and in Gozo but I think they are taking longer at the moment.

We did email the office beforehand and surprisingly, they did reply telling us what to take.
Hope this helps

Ray

Hi anjette

Did you find out about the procedure? As we need to change our address as well on the e-residence card and I cannot find any info about it. Have e-mailed them and tried calling (356) 2590 4800 and it shows as wrong number...

Tinna9 wrote:

Hi anjette

Did you find out about the procedure? As we need to change our address as well on the e-residence card and I cannot find any info about it. Have e-mailed them and tried calling (356) 2590 4800 and it shows as wrong number...

Did you not see my earlier post - No:3 above?

Ray

Dear Ray

Yes I did and took note of it, but since it was a year ago and Gozo I was hoping anjette might have some new information. They have done some changes in the last year again with the creation of 'Identity Malta' & etc. I just cant understand why they cannot update their websites with such info.

Tinna9 wrote:

Dear Ray

Yes I did and took note of it, but since it was a year ago and Gozo I was hoping anjette might have some new information. They have done some changes in the last year again with the creation of 'Identity Malta' & etc. I just cant understand why they cannot update their websites with such info.

Sorry, but I have no idea what you are talking about when you say 'Identity Malta' & amp. 'Identity Malta' is basically a fancy name for the same office and people that have always dealt with eResidence applications but the & amp I have never heard of.

The main change in the last twelve months has been to the the supporting documentation, ie bank statements have to be originals etc. but the main forms required have not changed significantly and are what are still required for address change.
Whether it is in Malta or Gozo makes no difference to the requirements whatsoever.
Ray

Dear Ray

We are hoping to file the documents for change of address shortly, could I just check if you had to include new photo's on the ID 2 form?
When we applied for the card initially the photo was taken at the ID office  and we did not need the paper copies.

thanks in advance.

Tinna9 wrote:

Dear Ray

We are hoping to file the documents for change of address shortly, could I just check if you had to include new photo's on the ID 2 form?
When we applied for the card initially the photo was taken at the ID office  and we did not need the paper copies.

thanks in advance.

Hm, just read on the form that this form needs to be submitted when the Aplicant's live biometric image cannot be taken. So I guess we do not need this form.

if your eu citizen now they ask you to fill id form 2 in  as they just simply collect paper work at desk now
i would fill it in and take it with  you just in case

I took 2 photos, copy and originals of deeds of house, passport and Id card and the 2 forms, (they asked to see originals) to change address.
They still took a photo of me there and then and I had to do the electronic signature again.
I was also handing my partners info in but forgot the photos, so they suggested posting it and gave me the address here in Gozo (even though I said its quicker for me to pop in) But I asked whether I needed to get the copies of documents (forgotten the word) ' authenticated'(???) as my partner is away with his passport and he also has his ID card with him. I was told no not for a postal application to change of address.
Good old Maltese logic, go to the office and you have to prove who you are, but post your documents in and you don't!!???

Everyone is happy to give these phone numbers but let me tell you that they very, very rarely answer the phone.....

Or they answer and are rude - at least my experience

Quite!  On one of the rare occasions, after many phone calls, I received some response, I got totally the wrong information from the person and they may very well have just been the cleaning lady for all I know.  In person, or not at all, has been my personal experience and even then, preceded preferably by a Maltest citizen.

I have just returned from the e-residence office in Gozo, for a change of address they now require:-

Electronic Identity Registration – Form ID 1A
Image Capture Application Form – Form ID2
3 x Passport photos
Original and copy of e-residence card ( both sides )
-----------:----------  of passport
-----------:----------  of lease agreeement
22 euro  (since July there has been a charge )

I arrived at 08.00 and was finished at 08.50 and that was for two registrations.

If you go to Evans Building in Valletta be prepared for a very long wait, they require the same documents there.

I hope this helps

There is no charge in Malta go change the address
they will take your picture - you fill in Id form 1a and that plus copies of contract is all you need and your old e- ID card

I don't know why Gozo is charging people

maltaaman wrote:

I have just returned from the e-residence office in Gozo, for a change of address they now require:-

3 x Passport photos

I arrived at 08.00 and was finished at 08.50 and that was for two registrations.

If you go to Evans Building in Valletta be prepared for a very long wait, they require the same documents there.

I hope this helps

No long wait at the Evans building we arrived at 7:30 gone by 8:15  it's on a first come first serve ticket basis in there one little section for eu residence now - we only needed e ID cards , copy of contract and completes id form 1 a - nothing else is required in the Evans building for changing address because trust me we copied everything and took it with us and she went - no ,no,no, your next lol

robpw2 wrote:
maltaaman wrote:

3 x Passport photos

I hope this helps

No long wait at the Evans building we arrived at 7:30 gone by 8:15  it's on a first come first serve ticket basis in there one little section for eu residence now - we only needed e ID cards , copy of contract and completes id form 1 a - nothing else is required in the Evans building for changing address because trust me we copied everything and took it with us and she went - no ,no,no, your next lol

Strange that they seem to be making a charge in Gozo for address change (our friends had to pay this back in early June! ) but not in Malta, also they still have not received their cards!

Ray

Could you please tell me when you went, I have been in email contact with " Brownrigg Wayne at IMA-DCEA [mailto:[email protected]] " and he told me all which was required as I wrote, the same as the girl at the Gozo office.

i went last thursday - they had been sending out letters to people who had submitted passport photos to come in to have them taken , they refused our passport photos made us have them taken - didnt want any copies of anything except the contract

robpw2 wrote:

i went last thursday - they had been sending out letters to people who had submitted passport photos to come in to have them taken , they refused our passport photos made us have them taken - didnt want any copies of anything except the contract

That's new! I am about to go next Monday, last time (that's back in June , I think) I went to check what's needed to change the address they said we need to bring passport photos - the only reason why I could not change the address there and then.

May be different for non-EU citizens but they have moved EU citizens into an office of its own so they are taking photos there and then - I was kinda annoyed as I paid to photocopy everything and for photos lol

robpw2 wrote:

May be different for non-EU citizens but they have moved EU citizens into an office of its own so they are taking photos there and then - I was kinda annoyed as I paid to photocopy everything and for photos lol

Great, we're EU :) Last time I was there EU section was just in front of the door as soon as you walk in. Probably got it sorted then ;)

My earlier post ,No 18, should have read early July not June! Sorry.

Ray

its seems that the people in the office have no clue whats going on they have sent back my partners forms for change of address because he didnt include work contract despite fact we took it with us and they said we didnt need it ... grr ...

F0xgl0ve wrote:
Tinna9 wrote:

Dear Ray

Sorry, but I have no idea what you are talking about when you say 'Identity Malta' & amp. 'Identity Malta' is basically a fancy name for the same office and people that have always dealt with eResidence applications but the & amp I have never heard of.

The main change in the last twelve months has been to the the supporting documentation, ie bank statements have to be originals etc. but the main forms required have not changed significantly and are what are still required for address change.
Whether it is in Malta or Gozo makes no difference to the requirements whatsoever.
Ray

This really make me laugh!!!

Well laughter makes you live longer - so that's a good thing ;)

Since I went to change the address on Monday , I will give the update as well. As robpw2 has mentioned there is a separate office for EU now, once you enter through the gate it's on your left, you do not need to enter the building through the main entrance.
First waiting area on the right once you get there, wait in line to get to the receptionist, if you do not have necessary forms with you the girl will provide you with the forms there and will advise what documents are needed. I was given a form ID 1A to fill in (you will need your travel document info for this, e.g. passport) and had a contract of sale with me, so was given a ticket. Once my turn came up just entered the room for the photo to be taken and handed in ID1A together with a copy of contract of sale for the property. No other documents were needed. They didnt even ask for my ID.
By the way they called me yesterday to double check the name of the property since we are changing it and was told that was all they needed. Will believe it when I have my card :) 

robpw2 it is strange that they are looking for the work contract as it is not a new application. Was the original card expired? I think then it is treated differently

I think my partners work contract had expired- we took new one today and she went fine that was that - it's a bit silly really card still valid etc

There were two or three in this am with the same issues - returned for a because the monkey tells them one thing the organ grinder another

They seem to duplicate their own work this way... My own work contract is undefinite, so should not be an issue as I would only be able to give them the same copy :)
Hopefully this is all for you now.
I will update once I get my card

Just a quick update, got a letter that my card is ready for collection about 2 weeks after submitting. Collected in 5 seconds with no issues :)

My partner sent his application off by post (as the FAQ's on the website say you can if you're an EU citizen) to change his "old" card for the new one. After 7 weeks, they have just returned the entire package of notarised documents and told him he must go in person! I sent mine in by post and no problems! Now he has to take time off work and travel to Valletta. I just wish they would keep the website updated!

Grizabella wrote:

My partner sent his application off by post (as the FAQ's on the website say you can if you're an EU citizen) to change his "old" card for the new one. After 7 weeks, they have just returned the entire package of notarised documents and told him he must go in person! I sent mine in by post and no problems! Now he has to take time off work and travel to Valletta. I just wish they would keep the website updated!

Most of the government websites have bad links, wrong phone numbers, blank pages and are rarely updated .
I guess they do not have a dedicated IT section but it makes for some very frustrating searches when looking for accurate information.

Terry

Sorry one question, my eresidence card is ready to collect, but at this moment i'm not in Malta, did anyone know can be a way some other person to take it, or how long time my card can stay there. Thanks

In May 2016 I got this email reply from the DCEA (Department of Citizenship and Expatriate Affairs) of "Identity Malta" regarding change of address on the ID card:-

Good morning,

For change of address you need to submit the following documents  ;
1.       The ID 1A form (as per attached)
2.       New lease agreement
3.       Rental Declaration Form (as per attached)
4.       Old ID card

Kindly note that you need to apply in person at our offices since the biometrics have to be taken accordingly.

Regards
DCEA

All completely illegal. If you are an EU citizen like me, they can only ask for your passport for issue (or re-issue) of the "Residence Certificate". On my ID card is says "Residence Certificate" and you can check the law in the free movement and residence EU treaty 2004/38/EC.

For the example of a self-sufficient person it says ():-

Article 8.3. For the registration certificate to be issued, Member States may only require that Union citizens to whom point (b) of Article 7(1) applies present a valid identity card or passport and provide proof that they satisfy the conditions laid down therein;

7.1(b) have sufficient resources for themselves and their family members not to become a burden on the social assistance system of the host Member State during their period of residence and have comprehensive sickness insurance cover in the host Member State;

8.2. The deadline for registration may not be less than three months from the date of arrival. A registration certificate shall be issued immediately, stating the name and address of the person registering and the date of the registration.  Failure to comply with the registration requirement may render  the person concerned liable to proportionate and non-discriminatory sanctions.

Neither can proof of address be required in other cases such as EU citizens who are employed, self employed or students, or family members of EU citizens.

The registration certificate (aka ID card) should state name and address but they can only look at your passport. They have to take your address to be what you state it to be without evidence. Even they can't ask for the old ID card back.

It may well be illegal but as with  a lot of things in Malta if you want something then you have to play by Maltese rules!

Terry

tearnet wrote:

It may well be illegal but as with  a lot of things in Malta if you want something then you have to play by Maltese rules!

Terry

Not necessarily.