How long to receive residency card?

Hi,

I have applied for ordinary residency (EU citizen) under self sufficiency. It's been more than 9 weeks and still didn't receive anything (was told 5 weeks when I applied). So went to Identity Malta and they said it's still not ready.
Any idea how long it can take?

Thanks.

over 3 months for us ...
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 66#4067310

You did receive it or still waiting?

Edit: saw you received them.

Cedced2018 wrote:

Hi,

I have applied for ordinary residency (EU citizen) under self sufficiency. It's been more than 9 weeks and still didn't receive anything (was told 5 weeks when I applied). So went to Identity Malta and they said it's still not ready.
Any idea how long it can take?

Thanks.

There's isn't a time scale, some get there's quickly others have to wait for weeks.  It's taken longer this year as all the people who had one when they were first issued five years ago are having to renew so the people doing them are busier.    Good luck

In the meantime I guess I can already register as a taxpayer here?

https://mfin.gov.mt/en/eForms/Pages/Exp … ation.aspx

Didn't you get a temporary one?   Cannot remember whether it's a blue or green piece of paper.

I got one white proof of application paper with my picture.

That's what I meant, can you use that to register at the Tax Office?

I did register via the link I posted before (id card number is optional apparently). But not sure it worked either because I didn't get a confirmation email.

The white temporary Residency Receipt is  acceptable to the tax office and for most other purposes as well, as always, this is Malta so there will be the exception.
I did, however, get my Tax reference number before my E-Residency.

RayAucote wrote:

The white temporary Residency Receipt is  acceptable to the tax office and for most other purposes as well, as always, this is Malta so there will be the exception.

The tax reference is normally your ID number anyway as far as I am aware, mine certainly is.

Ray

F0xgl0ve wrote:
RayAucote wrote:

The tax reference is normally your ID number anyway as far as I am aware, mine certainly is.

Ray

Mine certainly isn't. They are totally different. But I suppose if I had given them a residency card then it could have been the same.  :)

Guys,
can someone advice what is next step, as I apply for working permit, they gave me some blue paper and what is next to do until they give me a real permit?
Also, they said 6-8 weeks to wait and I can not leave Malta until they give me some answer.

Redwhite wrote:

Guys,
can someone advice what is next step, as I apply for working permit, they gave me some blue paper and what is next to do until they give me a real permit?
Also, they said 6-8 weeks to wait and I can not leave Malta until they give me some answer.

Just wait and don't leave the country. Most probably it will take 12 weeks, not 8.

Hi can you please help me I am a British citizen and my egyptian husband just got his shengen visa it only lasts 10 days we want to stay in malta is it possible that we can apply for the visa 1 day before his visa expires as I am worried if it takes so long he will be concidered as in the county without a visa or so they give you permission to stay while prossesing the visa

Is it allowed to work with this for non eu citizens

As I know the paper that immigration gives you when you apply covering period even if your days are expired.
I am in the similar situation, I applied 20days before 90days expired and now I can not leave Malta before they reply.
My suggestion do not leave for last day, always is a chance to they send you back because some paper is not Ok.

I am telling you from my experience maybe someone else can explain better.

Schengen Visa originally or by applying for extension is granted for maximum 90 days and after spending 90 days in any country of Schengen Zone one has to leave and cannot re-enter Schengen Zone for next 90 days. In other words 90 days in Schengen and than 90 days out of it and than again 90 days in Schengen and 90 days out of it.

If one has Schengen Visa valid for 1 year than it means one can stay in Schengen 2 times in Schengen for 90 days and for 2 other 90 days he has to be out of Schengen.

e.g. if one has Schengen Visa with a stay period of 30 days than after completing some formalities it can maximum be got extended for 90 days.

The work for getting stay period extended should be started 1 week before the expiry of allowed stay days.

Hi All

I wanted to update those expecting their ID cards. I am a TCN.

Processing Time
We applied on 15th May and received the invitation (with the pin codes) yesterday to pick them up. The letters are dated 15th June. 

This is a turn around of exactly one month. Last year we received them in under two weeks, so one can see that the time to process varies depending on when the application was filed and how swamped Evans Building is.

KEI
Separately, I received a call from IdentityMalta last week and was offered to be on Key Employee Initiative (KEI). Link is here: https://identitymalta.com/key-employee-initiative/ [Note to moderators; this is a government link and not promotion of a service]. All TCNs who are above a certain (gross) salary threshold are eligible.

KEI lets TCNs renew their ID cards for three years. You just pay the equivalent fees in advance. I jumped on the opportunity as .......no more 5am yearly pilgrimage.
This was my fourth renewal.

Hello

If you are still looking for a cue on this, please contact the Central Visa Unit. This is there homepage: https://identitymalta.com/visas/

They are super responsive with calls/emails. When communicating, it is often more helpful to identify nationalities of all parties (yours, your partner's).

The reason the cards are taking longer this year is because residents who got their cards when they were first issued five years ago are having to renew them this year, so therefore cards are taking longer to process.
When they were first issued it was taking about six months!

Processing times will always vary.

It could also be that the 40,000 additional workers Clyde Caruana (JobPlus) so desperately needs in the labour market are trickling in at a faster rate.

It could be that streamlining of bureaucracy being led directly by the Office of the Prime Minister (Julia Farrugia Portelli - Parliamentary Secretary for Reforms, Citizenship and Simplification of Administrative Processes​) is underway.

The general consensus on the period from application to delivery remains anywhere from 6-12 weeks.

How long to  receive  id  card  after  renewal

Alphonsa cyriac wrote:

How long to  receive  id  card  after  renewal

The topic above is only applicable for people who are in Malta already. For those people it often takes 8 to 10 weeks to get their residence card. A renewal often takes the same time.

In your case you need a  working contract and an entry visa first before you can apply for a residence card

Iam  going vaccation  November  15..i applied renewal September 3..when  I can  receive my  residence id

Alphonsa cyriac wrote:

Iam  going vaccation  November  15..i applied renewal September 3..when  I can  receive my  residence id

As advised previously it can take several weeks, no one on here can give you an exact date.

Can contact me please we are same satution 😢XXX my WhatsApp

Moderated by Julien 3 years ago
Reason : for your own safety, please use the private message system to share your contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct