New in nha trang

Hi to everyone !
im almost 20 y.o, i'm a student
And i'm moving to Nha trang 1st July to august.

I will stay there to teach french in a school as a volunteer.

So i'm preparing my arrival ^^ and i want to have some contacts before i come to Nha trang.

I'm seeking a place to live (guesthouse or hostel or anything funny and beautiful)

I'm here to meet people :) and i'm open to all your advices concerning the life there, where to stay, what i should visit or eat....

Leave comments and numbers :)

See u soon !!!

Also, my plane is landing in Ho chi minh, how can i go to nha trang ? I want to take the train, do you have information about the price and the time ?

thank you :)

hi Salam,
My name is Stephanie. Im Vietnamese.
I was born in Nha Trang, now living in Ho Chi Minh,
I can help you with information about the trains and flights.
If you get to Nha Trang by train, it'll take about 8 hours, and it costs about 30usd/1 way ticket. If you get there by airplane, it takes an hour then 15mins to transfer from airport to the city. The ticket costs about 50usd/1 way ticket.

My house is 20kms far from the main city so I cant help you with the accommodation. The room in a nice hotel (no need to have stars ^^) is about 10usd/night and about 200-300usd/month.
Nha Trang is a nice city with lots of tourists, you dont have to worry about language. They can communicate in english, so its not too hard to bargain when you already know the price. ^^
I'm so free to help you if you need any further information.
Thats too bad I'm in HCM city.
You can add my Skype as stephanie.quach.kha
My number is +84914183034.
I'm pleased to help.
Stephanie.

Hi stéphanie,

i'm glade that you answerred me. thank you very much :)

I'm coming the 1st july in ho chi minh, but my mission is only beggining the 11 july.

So i think i'm gonna visit Ho chi minh during a couple of days before going to Nha Trang.

I will be glade to meet u or just call u when i'll be at ho chi minh. i want to visit the city and the beautiful places, and also meet people !!

Its so nice to meet you here.
Hope to see you soon.
Nice day Salam.
Stephanie.

stephanie6206 wrote:

Its so nice to meet you here.
Hope to see you soon.
Nice day Salam.
Stephanie.

Hi Stephanie. I will also be in Saigon for a week in early August and looking for advice on accommodation.
Where is the best place to stay if I'm looking to meet other travelers and a great nightlife.

Any help you can provide would be great.

Khoa

Hello Salam, it looks like there are at least two Youth Hostels in Nha Trang. There is the “Backpackers House Nha Trang” at 54G Nguyen Thien Thuat Street.  And then there is Dong Hai's Family Hostel located at 55/5 Nguyen Thien Thuat Street.

About accommodation Hotel, Guesthouse: There is plenty and cheap in the tourist area. Take yourself some time and check them out- prior deciding. You can get a lousy room for 30 USD a day, as as a good one for about 7 USD. Anything possible and for each taste available.

salam.c wrote:

Also, my plane is landing in Ho chi minh, how can i go to nha trang ? I want to take the train, do you have information about the price and the time ?

thank you :)

Train is not the best option, but a great experience. Just not recommended by me,as the shock (culture) might be hige.
Take one of tourist buses, starting all from: Đề Thám - Q.1 - TP. Hồ Chí Minh (every taxi, moto taxi knows)
There loads of companies, selling tickets. Cheap and fast.

Cost are common between 7 and 15 USD.

If you get below 7 or 8 USD, be careful, local buses. commonly uncomfortable, many stops, dangerous drivers, above the 8 USD, e.g Phung Trang- all new tourist class buses

Buses starting between 18:00 and about 23:00 hours. Some are sleepers,  - you have like bunk bed, others just seaters, more or less comfortable, some with on-board WC, other without.
The first starting buses make commonly the most stops, for effective short time in bus, try after 7 pm and ideally not the last.

Buses after 9 pm leaving arrive around 8 am in NT, all others, commonly before 7 am.

During the day, when you might arrive, there are virtually NO buses going, a single train - taking about 12 hours, and you should buy  your ticket in advance. Cost are about double to a bus ticket.

If you arrive in the morning- have a stroll in Saigon and wait until early afternoon - securing you bus ticket. Almost all companies will store your luggage ones you have your ticket.

I have taken the sleeper bus to/from Nha Trang and HCMC a number of times.  It is fairly comfortable.  You can lay down or move the head rest up and look at the scenery for a while before you fall asleep.