Hi to everyone! Hola a todos!

Hi to everyone! Hola a todos!

My name is Irene, I am from Spain and I moved to Vietnam last month. I'd like meeting people and make new friends here.
It's hard living alone and maybe there are people in my shoes.

Regards!!!

Me llamo Irene, soy española y me mudé a Vietnam el mes pasado. Me gustaría conocer gente y hacer nuevas amistades aquí.
Es difícil vivir solo y tal vez hay otra gente en mi misma situación.

Un saludo!!

Welcome / bienvenida on Expat.com Irene !

So far, how's life in VN ? Do you like it?

@starkhan, your message is pretty weird :|

Hi Julien!
the life here is very different than Spain's way of life, but I am happy coz you learn a lot of when you're outside your country.
The problem is speaking. Vietnamese language is very very very complicated and no most the people speak English in Nha Trang (maybe in bigger cities people can)

Thank you for asking! ^^

Hi Irene,
I am in the U.S. but my fiance lives in Nha Trang.  She is learning English.  What are you doing in Nha Trang?  I will be in Nha Trang in September for a wedding.  Enjoy the Sea Festival next month.

Nice yo meet you perry.
Ask your fiancee if she wants to learn Spanish or be my Vietnamese teacher? hehe
I will write here about the sea festival... Im sure it will be very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks and regards!

I just spoke to her and she went to sleep.  I will ask her in the morning.

Hi Irene, it's too bad that you live so far away from me. In America I had a lot of spanish speaking employees, so I was able to speak it on a pretty good level. But I have since moved here for work, and since do not get to practice anymore, I have forgotten alot. It's a shame! I could have taught you Vietnamese while you helped bring my spanish back.

BTW I have been planning a trip to Spain for a while - to be able to eat the wonderful food Spain has to offer; authentic paella, jamon iberico de bellota, and any type of seafood (would like to visit Galicia). Where abouts are you from?

perry i was joking! hehehe don't worry!
thanks!!! :)

Hi Irene!
My hometown near Nha trang city, but now i live and work in HCM city.If you have difficult when you live here i will help you ,contact with me : [email protected]

Jv18, when I move to HCMC i will contact you and we can eat Jamón in "PACHARÁN" he he. If you're planning visit spain, the south is incredible! You can find good seafood there, but I agree you Galicia is the best place! In spain, like in all the countries, the North & the south have many differences. Try both! Hope you like spain!

I've been meaning to check out Pacharan, but have yet to go. Too busy stuffing my face with everything else the city has to offer :) When do you move to Saigon?

I am not sure... but I want to move soon! I need social life hehe.
nha trang is a beutiful city, but I want another thing. BTW I will visit Saigon when I have a couple of free days. When did you move there?

I moved here in January, so far so good.
Nha Trang is beautiful, and different - has some nice unspoiled beaches if you know where to look.
How is your time here so far?

I like Nha trang and I am having very good times. I moved here 6 weeks ago!

That's good to hear - enjoy your stay
If you come down this way and up for some good food and drinks, let me know

Hola Irene.

Nice to see some spanish in VN.I'd like to catch up for some drink,languague in Saigon &Pacharan with warapo band.

Good luck!
E Ng

Hi Emilyng!

Of course, when I go to HCMC we can met. I will write you!
Thank you!

Hi irene !

my name is salam, i will soon come to nha trang. i'm a 20 french student. i'll be glade if i can call u or event meet u when i'll be there, i want to know the places to visit and where to go out at nights and meet people of course :)

Have a good trip & thank you

Hello Salam!

In Nha trang you will find a lot of French people so.. don't worry! he he
When you come, contact to me! and If you need some information or help, don not hesitate in asking me.

^^ See you soon!

irenegallego wrote:

Of course, when I go to HCMC we can met. I will write you!
Thank you!

And what about me?? Hey sister! If one day you come to HCM, you have to call me also! NO! You have to call me first ! hahaha
Of course I joking, if I still being here, just send me an email, I will be very happy to meet you and talk more close about our experience in vietnam.
C ya and take care !

Hola

Que tal? Yo acabo de regresar de pasar tres semanas viajando por Vietnam, y la verdad es que Hue y Nha Trang son los sitios que mas mehan gustado y probablemente decida irme a vivir a Nha Trang, como ves tu el estilo de vida y temas de trabajo ahi? Se que en Saigon se gana mas dinero, pero hay demasiada contaminacion y el trafico es criminal.

Saludos

Alfredo

Hola Alfredo,

Siempre que me preguntan entre HCMC y Nha Trang lo comparo a vivir en Madrid o en La Manga del Mar Menor. HCMC es el centro de todo, hay mucha vida social, oferta cultural, más opciones de trabajo, los sueldos por supuesto que son más elevados pero también el nivel de vida y un largo etc que podría ser ampliado de manera más objetiva por otros expats que vivan allí.
Nha Trang es la típica ciudad que los vietnamitas utilizan para venir en vacaciones: playas preciosas, buena comida, pero poco más. Si me permites opinar, supongo que la decisión tendrás que tomarla en función a tu profesión. Si te dedicas a algo relacionado con el turismo, la biología o ingeniería, por ejemplo, Nha Trang tiene mucha demanda.

Si puedo ayudarte en cualquier cosa,por aquí puedes encontrarme!
:)

Un abrazo! 

P.D. Por favor escribe un post contándonos tu viaje por Vietnam!!

Hello Alfredo and irenegallego!

Could you please write in English in this Anglophone forum so that other members may participate!

Thank you,
Harmonie.:)

I am sorry Harmonie!
I started the topic in 2 languages so I thought I could write in both jeje
:)

Hey Ireine!

Here is the hispanophone forum if you want to meet spanish speaking members.
Nice hat by the way :)

Armand

Hi Irene!

many thanks for your detailed answer. After having visited both cities I agree with your assessment, you can find everything in HCMC but much more busy (in all senses)and more expensive, while better paid jobs. While NT is more for relaxation,although busy enough.

From the career point of view, I guess I should head to HCMC,as I am a financial advisor/accountant, and there are plenty of multinationals over there, but I do not see it easy to find a job in my area of expertise, as I lack experience in Vietnam.

Initially I was thinking about opening a restaurant as I am crazy about food, and have good experience in advising restaurants in how to improve profit, however I would need to find and develop local partnership in order to do that. So what is left is to go and teach English, when I was in Nha Trang I already had an offer. however in NT the pay per hour is about half that in HCMC.

I like your comparison between Vietnam and Spain. And the same I am not appealed to go and work/live in Madrid (may be because I have been in London for the last 13 years, which is a huge city), I am more keen ina  place like La Manage, where there is great weather, the sea, and people seem to be more relaxed. I guess that at this point in my life, where i have a good job (I am a financial analyst for the British Government)I am more keen in finding happiness than money, so I seem to be more attracted by NT.

Let me create a new post on my experience, or if you want more details, feel free to email me at [email protected]

My Vietnam trip was very good. I started in Saigon for a few days, visiting the typical attractions, but also not so typical as some local friends took me around to very nice places off the beaten track. Then four days in Nha Trang, where I made a couple of business contacts, and without me having much to say i was "allocated" a girlfriend.... Then back to Saigon for a couple of days that included a trip to the Mekong delta and then visit to Hue, which was fantastic, and enjoyed myself int he wedding I was invited to.

If you think Nha Trang is quiet, well, visit Hue (which is double the size) and it will change your mind. People were absolutely fantastic.

Then back to HCMC for a few more days and back home via thailand.

by the way Irene, if you are still in NT and fancy a very nice (and cheap meal) let me know, I will put you int he direction of a good restaurant where I know the owner who will treat you very well

I am living here since April and I think I know all the restaurants of NT but please, let me know your suggestion!

Armand wrote:

Hey Ireine!

Nice hat by the way :)

Armand

Thank you JEJE ;)

Hola Irene

As for the restaurant try Cyclo at 5 Tran Quang Khai, if you know the sailors club just walk up the street opposite and you will find it, quite small but cheap and good. Believe it or not the Ostrich is amazing.

Si peguntas por Khuong, el duenho y le dices que te envie yo, seguro que te tratan aun mejor!

Let me know what you think if you go!

Alfredo

Hello Irene,

My name is Elco and I'm a dutch Vietnamese. I'll be in Vietnam (nha trang) for 2 months . Do you still live in Nha Trang?

I was hoping to meet some new people since I don't know anyone in Nha Trang. Also I'd love to learn some Spanish.

Would like to hear from you.

Kind regards,

Elco