Looking for friends in Mazatlan mexico

Hi All
Looking for expats in Mazatlan to get info and advice as I prepare to retire there!

lasvegan wrote:

Hi All
Looking for expats in Mazatlan to get info and advice as I prepare to retire there!

welcome lasvegan

There are ex-pats there and hopefully, they will see your post. Meanwhile, you could try asking some of us. Many of us have been here for a while and may have the answers, or know how to get them.

Thanks! Travellight1 I like Yucatan a lot! but want to be closer to San Diego for now! I do Drone mapping for the Mexican gov. by contract and right now I'm looking at mapping the Presidio River from the dam to the sea during Feb-April! So Mazatlan will be a good base! Hopefully there are some drone loving expats there, lol! Anyway thanks and I will take your advice! Merry Christmas!

Sounds interesting, I have a friend here who is into horticulture and he is a major drone fan. They are very popular for those with the $.

Drones very a lot in cost! If you just want to do nice video as a hobby you can get into it for around $100! Cost is mostly about the camera! To do what I do you need at least 24 megapixals! I can get sub centimeter accuracy with a DJI Drone with 20 megapixal camera! Height, speed and path are the big things to learn and then apply! Lots of work and good pay! I've mapped Pinatubo area since 1992 with gps reference stations then later with real time survey grade units and we have massive amounts of data about ground movement there! Now we have drones with 3 seperate gps units on them! Fun hobby that pays more then an Engineer can make! LOL!

In the Philippines! I just assume everyone knows about Mt Pinatubo which is now Lake Pinatubo! LOL!