New in Mexico

Hi! I recently moved to Mexico city. I would like to meet people, do volunteer work, do something! Im bored and a little lonely...so ideas and suggestions are welcome!
Thanx

Welcome on Expat.com Johannamx,

Maybe you should have a look to Mexico expat Network.

Hope this helps.
Christine

Welcome Johannamx!

Why did you move to mexico?

Hi!

Thanx for the welcome!
My husband is a Telecommunications Engineer and he was hired by a Company here. We moved here almost nine months ago; my husband, my 15 year old son and me.
Mexico is beautiful! The food is great and they have such a rich, amazing culture but I can't say I'm enjoying it as much as I could or should.

So thanx again for the welcome and I'll be waiting for your comments and suggestions!

J

I'm working as an engineer in Guerrero State a month at a time, then returning for two weeks, then repeating the cycle.  The key to enjoying Mexico is not to dwell on the bad, and enjoy the good.  It's an internal thing.  The Guerrero midlands are true Mexico, with some poverty and squalor evident, but the people are generally pleasant and friendly.  Plenty of scenery and mountains, but nasty bugs and occasional angry farmers. (The mine I work at built a dusty haul road through their pueblos.)  As a member of a male expat group working here, I have to remind my buddies how to stay out of trouble.  Bars, brothels, wandering alone in town at night, getting too much tequila or cerveza, arguing with people or driving badly are all ways to run into trouble.  Avoiding these, I have had no issues.  For me, living in Mexico is just another interesting time that includes both pleasant and unpleasant experiences!

http://proyectocantera.org/ if you want to do some voluntary work I would recommed you this organization.

hope you enjoy mexico.

Hello Johanna, feel welcome to MC and wish you the best to you and your family.

Let me know how can I help you.

Guelen wrote:

http://proyectocantera.org/ if you want to do some voluntary work I would recommed you this organization.

hope you enjoy mexico.

Hello!
I see you are from Utrecht. I'm from Belgium and speak dutch. I tried the link but it doens't work. However, I'm also looking for volunteering options in Mexico City, so maybe you could tell me what this one is about?

You LADIES!

Hi to all of you... for the ones that are interested in helping, volunteering and more, you can try to go directly to non profit organizations.

There is a government office that regulate the activity or those associations. Go to www.jap.org.mx and you will find many many associations looking for volunteers. There is an oprion for english speakers.

Have a good week and have fun.

Welcome