Moving to Cebu

My name is Malcolm from London originally. I will be coming to Manila shortly to marry Azel who is from Samar.  I am interested in meeting ex-pats and locals as well as any work and business opportunities. I have extensive management and business experience. I have also taught and tutored English.

Hello MalcolmEdward!

I would suggest you to post an advert in the jobs section of Cebu classifieds.
It might help ;)

Regards
Armand

hello malcom! are you now in cebu? if you are so WELCOME!:) so how's cebu so far? there are a lot of English living in cebu most specially in banilad(located at the northern part of cebu city)where i live. if you're looking for  job I suggest that you apply in a call center or in a review centers for IELTS

cebu is the best part of phili. nice people and nice costs of living i mean bearable. beverly hills is the best spot in cebu near taoist temples

cebu shud be a good choice, shud also try out midanao for buissness opportunities

mindoro and ilayagan are also good places for investments - shud try them out

an excellent place to settle in and the lovely people are so cooperative - am impressed with all filipinos. learn tagalog is a great and beauty lang.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Hi Malcom!

I'm moving to the Phils in January and not sure where I'll base myself out of... but likely Makati... I do plan on visiting Cebu and will know when I do... Hope to meet other expats there too.

Johnny

so Malcolm, where will you particularly live in the Philippines?  The three big metropolis are Manila, Cebu, and Davao.

Hi Benjamin
I am planning to meet my fiancee in Samar and stay with her family. Probably marrying in Manila early December. For the right work opportunity, we will live anywhere although my personal preferences would be Cebu then Manila, not sure about Davao, would need to research that more thoroughly before we made a decision.

MalcolmEdward wrote:

Hi Benjamin
I am planning to meet my fiancee in Samar and stay with her family. Probably marrying in Manila early December. For the right work opportunity, we will live anywhere although my personal preferences would be Cebu then Manila, not sure about Davao, would need to research that more thoroughly before we made a decision.

hi malcolm i live on mactan island just outside cebu been here nearly a year its ok but one thing you must have is good medical cover as its not like u.k where everythings free .you have to pay up front for everything then claim from your insurance so you need lots of money set aside in case you need it.thats the main reason i,m returning .weather is good all year round people are friendly food is cheap but electric is 5th most expensive in the world and as you need air con all the time coz its so sticky you gotta pay high bucks .apart from that enjoy lol

rehaan3333 wrote:

mindoro and ilayagan are also good places for investments - shud try them out

you forgot to mention the dangers of southern mindano