Weapons

how do you go about moving weapons from the us to philipines legally. i have two jap. rifles that i need to bring when i move.any info on this subject would be appreciated.
thank you

Hi expower1!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

Dismantle and ship in pieces. Leaving firing pin out.  Foreigners cannot own weapons.  If customs investigates, you could be in bigger trouble as gun smuggler.

my wife is philipino american citizen and we will be moving to cebu so she can get dual citizenship. i was told i could have guns there as long as they are registered

Google gun clubs in philippines.  I heard that foreignors could keep a gun at a gun club. Of course, if wife is citizen, then she should be able to register it in her name.

Easier option maybe to sell then in CA and then buy something in Phils.  Most malls have gun stores.  Philippines is gun crazy.

what is the store tax rate in the phil.

yeah you are right guns are prohibited but with a proper permit you can bring it here to the philippines.

I've also tried to find out about sending a weapon overseas. Last Christmas, I wanted to give someone in the US an oriental sword, but Fedex and DHL both said this fell under their prohibited items even if it was a small knife. I googled and didn't find much info except a post on Lonely Planet about a Brit buying knives in China and losing them to customs officials at a train station somewhere in Asia.

Had a shooting lesson this year and our instructor said the importing/sending of guns here in the Philippines has been reformed and opened up a bit to allow other people to do so. That's not really detailed and helpful lol. I guess the best way is to check with the Association of Firearms and Ammunitions Dealers of the Philippines, they're like the NRA here.