Visitor Resident Card means of subsistance requirement

Hi All,

We planned with my wife to settle a bit in morroco this year to try life here. I am already in morroco Tangier and my wife joins in 3 months. So I originally wanted to stay in Tangier, I went to the foreigners office and for the Visitor Resident Card if I don't own a property I need to show the equivalent of 30.000 euro on a bank account here. No foreign bank account statement accepted.

That's and absured amount. We can easily prove our means, I'm a freelance and my wife works in finance so we can easily send a monthly salary to a morrocan bank account or even show our European bank account statements.

I need to decide if I move to Marrakesh which our next preferred city. Can any of the expats who receny asked for Visitor Resident Card tell me what kind of proof is needed as mean of subsistence ? Is a bank statement showing monthly revenue enough or some amount to show that's reasonable ?

Thanks in advance

Hi, There

If you create a Limited company, with only showing income coming in, in the three months before you submit your application for a residence permit, it should be fine. Of course, there are other documents, such as the rental agreement, the CRB check (casier judiciaire - of your country of origin), a doctor's certificate, birth certificate (less than 3 months old), etc.... it's a tiring process (they will always find the one document that you don't have), but it's feasible.

Good luck and don't give up :)

Amine

I showed bank statements, but I also had to show proof of where the money comes from.  I have pensions so I has to show proof that they pay me monthly.

ahouam wrote:

Hi, There

If you create a Limited company, with only showing income coming in, in the three months before you submit your application for a residence permit, it should be fine. Of course, there are other documents, such as the rental agreement, the CRB check (casier judiciaire - of your country of origin), a doctor's certificate, birth certificate (less than 3 months old), etc.... it's a tiring process (they will always find the one document that you don't have), but it's feasible.

Good luck and don't give up :)

Amine

Hi Amine,

Thanks for the suggestion it was something I was planning originally but was not sure if it was a viable path. I will keep this solution as last resort since it's a lot of papers and efforts. But I feel this would be a solid way to do it if nothing else works. I already saw offers online for helping start the business and ask the resident card at the same time.

Capoppy55 wrote:

I showed bank statements, but I also had to show proof of where the money comes from.  I have pensions so I has to show proof that they pay me monthly.

Thanks for the tip, did you show foreign bank statements or local ?  And which city was it ?