Doctor in Egypt

Assalamualaykum.

First of all, I am Alia, Malaysian nationality,   medical graduates from faculty of Medicine of Tanta University, Egypt (class of 2017)

However I have some questions.

I am married to an Egyptian, and we have one daughter. So somehow I wonder if I were to choose to do my housemanship (emtiyaz) and then work in Egypt (private sector) and maybe continue my post graduate studies here as well in shaa Allah, is there any problem for me as I am a Malaysian nationality.

Most important is that,
1. Is it possible for me to work in Egypt, and where should I refer to this matter?

I am thinking to settle down here in Egypt to be with my husband and children.

Anyway, your kind cooperation is highly appreciated and anticipated. Thank you.

Walsykum Assalam,
No problem there, about the work it will be related to your connections during your "emtiyaz" year and the place where you are,also you will find many private work after you chose a speciality .
I advise you to goin that group to be in touch with your colleagues all over the country >> https://m.facebook.com/groups/287123171856541?ref=share

Can u briefly explain what should I do after the 1 year emtiyaz? How can I choose my speciality? Egyptian have to do Taklif for 2 years. I was told it was a compulsory for Egyptian but it was not the case for foreigner.

So basically I am clueless of my future here in Egypt. I mean about the next steps after the emtiyaz. So if you can help me on it that will be so helpful.

Anyway, thanks for the group invite and your
reply.

Ok, as you are not included in the taklif program, after the emtiyaz year you will have choices to have a speciallity as signing to a master degree in any university or to the Egyptian fellowship program or studying MRCP "as its exames are done in Egypt now " .
I advise you to visit " The Egyptian Medical Syndicate " at Cairo to ask about if you will get the lisence directly after the emtiyaz as Egyptians or not "which unfortunatly i do not know about it" as your steps after will depend on it .
And you are welcome anytime 😊