Moving to Belgium

Hi everyone,

If someone can help me on this. My joining date with my employer is 1st Nov'18 and my WP was filled on 3rd Sep'18. So i had discussed with my employer that if i do not receive the WP atleast by 15th Oct'18, i would be requesting for a new joining date.

In that case, do they need to issue a revised offer letter or i can submit for Visa with the existing offer letter?

Thanks a lot.

You can apply with the same offer letter. Just ask your employer to confirm New joining date via email. Add a printout of that email to your offer letter.

Appreciate your response Annesh. Thanks much.

Hi Annesh,

I've another question that popped up recently. I understand from the checklist provided by my employer that a True Copy of my Marriage Certificate and Spouse Birth Certificate needs to be submitted while filling VISA which also needs to be Legalized / Apostilled.

1. Do you think Apostillation needs to be done on True Copy / Originals? I read somewhere that Apostillation should be done on Originals?

2. Before Apostillation should the document be authenticated by the designated authorities of the State/Union Territory from where the document has been issued? Source : https://www.mea.gov.in/apostille.htm

3. Since i currently stay in Hyderabad and my documents were issued from Assam, if at all a True Copy is required, do i need to get it done only from the issuing state? My friend (who's a lawyer) suggested a work around - He said i can get the zerox of the documents notorized from Hyderabad itself and there's no need to do that on stamp paper. Then the notorized document can be submitted for Apostillation.

Really looking forward for your comments on the above.

Thanks,

Kallol