Looking for an alternative to Boots, Walgreens, CVS Pharmacy!

Does anyone know of a similar to Boots, Walgreens/CVS Pharmacy here in Brussels?

That kind of thing really doesn't exist over here. Have you had a problem just using the Apothecaries?

Yes Melby. I asked for iodine tincture, they have no idea what I am talking about at all.

In Dutch you need to ask for "jodiumtinctuur" and in French for "teinture d'iode".

But I know that as a product of my childhood (red flower painted on my wounded knee). Nowadays I think people in Belgium use "povidonjodium" (in Dutch) or "povidone iodée" (in French). It doesn't sting and is colorless. It is sold under the name Bétadine or Isobétadine.

Hope this info helps. Good luck!

Yeah, like Globetrotter said, you just need to ask for it in the appropriate language. They speak English, but things like that are unlikely they're familiar with English terminology of. It would be the same if you were to ask it in a Walgreens-esque store, they still speak a diff language first and know the names of products in that language. Wiki is your best bet for that kind of thing, look it up in English and then click Dutch or French for the name in the other language.

Thank you guys, especially for the translation. Betadine or the iso, will not be useful for me. But I think I might not be able to find it at all. Actually, I spoke with one doctor here and the reply was that this something they may have to make and thus Rx is needed. I said - forget about it, I can order it from the US or the UK and have it delivered before I can even get an appointment to get an Rx ordered.

international.boots.com,ow does delivery to 19 countries in Europe, including Belgium. If you visit the website international.boots.com, there are loads of products available if  you are looking for something from Boots.