Electrical wiring question in Belgium

Hello everyone,

I am attempting to install a new light fixture in our Apartment in Brussels. I think I have the wiring down correctly. The light turns on but does not turn off.

I have connected the Blue wire to the N terminal, the Red/Brown wire to the Ground, and the Yellow wire to the L terminal.

Is this correct? Am I missing something? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

John

richerj wrote:

Is this correct? Am I missing something? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Obviously it's not correct and yes you are missing something :)  Advice, next time call an electrician to resolve the problem correctly and safely!  Don't mess around with something you don't understand!.

L = live terminal
N = neutral terminal

Blue = neutral
Yellow/Green = ground/earth
Red = live

Yellow/ green cable is EARTH!
The other two cables can be wired to either cable. To be. consistent and sure connect two cables with same colours. Brown with brown and blue with blue. It

http://www.rospa.com/rospaweb/images/advice-services/home-safety/uk/garden9.gif

Hi,

For those of us who can remember the old system, here is the old vs new.  The colours were changed in order for EU countries to have the same colours, which made a lot of sense.

Presuming this is a two phase system then:

EARTH wire: The earth wire will be green and yellow (or sometimes bare in old systems).

LIVE wire:The live wire is brown in new systems and red in old systems.

NEUTRAL wire: The neutral wire is blue in new systems and black in old systems

Have a shocking time :)

Hi,
For those of us who can remember the old system, here is the old vs new. The colours were changed in order for EU countries to have the same colours, which made a lot of sense.
Presuming this is a two phase system then:
EARTH wire: The earth wire will be green and yellow (or sometimes bare in old systems).
LIVE wire:The live wire is brown in new systems and red in old systems.
NEUTRAL wire: The neutral wire is blue in new systems and black in old systems

Have a shocking time smile.png
-@prjsgjm995

As this post is 6 years old, I guess they have worked it out, or burnt down thee block by now.