Paying bills in Belgium

Hello everyone,

What bills do you pay? If you are renting, are bills included in the price of rent, and is this common practice in Belgium?

How can you pay your bills (e.g. online, at provider's store, at the post office)? Which is the most convenient or reliable way?

With what frequency are different bills sent in Belgium? Are there different deadlines for payment?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

personally I pay my bills online via my mobile it is easier and more reliable

Hello,

Bills can vary depending on its nature:

- Renting bills (electricity & gas - internet - phone).
- School bills.
- car bills.
etc

As for renting bills, it depends on the agreement between you and the landlord, for example: i pay the water bill inside the monthly rent charges, i took over the rest (internet - electricity and gas) i pay them monthly.

The easiest way to pay the bills over the bank app. if you want a hassle-free way you can make a bank money order to pay the bills as soon they comes (but they can make mistakes).

Frequency also can vary from 7 days to 15 days. it would be written on the bill it self.

Best regards,

I pay my bills in three ways:
1. Via "domiciliering", which is a monthly automatic deduction from your bank which you have to initially arrange with the company and with your bank by filling up some forms. This is ideal if you have to pay a uniform amount every month such as gas, electricity, water, tv/internet or phone bills.
2. Via "overschrijving", which can either be done by personally filling up the form and handing it over to your bank or via netbanking. This is ideal for those bills that change in value every month or year.
3. Via self-determined automatic deduction from you bank. This is a safe option if you don't get a monthly bill from a company. You could put it in yourself, say for the monthly allowance of your child, or for child support between divorced parents. You could change the amount or frequency whenever you want without going to the bank.