Salary for Software Engineer Lead position

Hi All,

What would be a reasonable salary to expect in Muscat, Oman for role of software Engineer Lead role with 8.5 years of experience in IT industry? Provided that I shall stay with my family and the company would provide for medical insurance, what would be the minimum decent salary that I can expect for better savings. Please note my lifestyle is simple.

Thanks.

A lead role in software engineering could offer you a base package of as low as OMR 1500 to as high as OMR 4000 (or sometimes even more).  This all depends upon how reputable is your employer. The packages are usually adjusted between the in hand salary and the perks which include accommodation/car/other utilities based on the mutual agreement between employer / employee.

I am sharing here on the public forum, what I had written to you in private, so that it might help other's as well ...

Hi AbdurRahmanSyed,

Cost of living would vary between places, marginally though.

Muscat would, of course, be the most expensive.

The place of your work would also be of some concern.

Whether or not you are given accommodation is also of importance.

For your kind of a profile, a minimum of R.O. 1500/- in hand per month would be required, with accommodation costs taken care of.

schaz wrote:

... a base package of as low as OMR 1500 to as high as OMR 4000 (or sometimes even more)...

@schaz I regret not being in Software Engineering  :sosad:

modjo wrote:
schaz wrote:

... a base package of as low as OMR 1500 to as high as OMR 4000 (or sometimes even more)...

@schaz I regret not being in Software Engineering  :sosad:

I never intend to be a software engineer. I'm glad I have been an Instrument (Electronics) Engineer with oil and gas background :dumbom: