Safety & Security

Hi, I am contemplating on an offer to move to KL. Request feedback on Safety and Security in KL. Reading on the internet getting a very bleak picture. I have a young kid and want to understand how safe or unsafe it really is.. I may zoom in around KL central/ Brickfields areas.

https://www.numbeo.com/quality-of-life/in/Kuala-Lumpur

Can't let children outside alone but that is common sense everywhere in the world. However Brickfields is very urban and not really child friendly.

Just moved here with a very young kid. Every thing good so far. Locals have been very helpful, in general. I live in Wangsa Maju, which is pretty quiet and has a suburb feel.

Like any metropolitan city, KL has good ares and bad areas. But like any good city, it has more good areas than bad areas. Do research on where you want to live in: make sure accessible via public transporation; is there security in your building or police are nearby? are there accessible places to buy necessities like food or household items.

These things are basic. KL seems like a great place to live, but always do your research.

KL is a very urbanized city so extra precaution is needed though mike is right about KL having good and bad areas. It would be best to brief your kids about the tenets of home security and being aware of dangers. Having a security system can also help.