Riyadh to UAE by Road

Hi..

Any one been to UAE ( sharjah ) recently from Riyadh by road ? Any info such as distance duration, road condition, best time to travel would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Kamii,

I have the directions to Dubai/Abu Dhabi, hope this helps, if you want to borrow a GPS (its works throughout GCC) drop me a pm.

Directions to Dubai/Abu Dhabi (UAE) from Riyadh

Follow signs for KHARJ from Riyadh (Ring road/King Fahad Highway).

Continue driving to KHARJ until you reach KHRAJ town.

Watch out for a big water tower on the left.

At the next set of traffic lights (Al Rajhi Bank on left) turn left towards Harad.

Go straight (roundabouts) and follow the sign for Harad & Batha (KSA-UAE Border)

Petrol Stations to Boarder - Approx 110, 178, 350 and 420 KM.

Check point (Harad) – approx 270KM

Total Distance from Riyadh to Batha (KSA-UAE Border) approx 560KM.

Saudi Border (Batha) Check points

1st Check point handover Drivers Passport, Estimara, likely question - how many passengers?
The officer must return a ‘car paper' listing car registration details and number of passengers traveling

2nd Check point handover All Passports & Car paper (Exit Stamp)

3rd Check point inspection car paper and passports – now drive towards UAE border

UAE Border (Al Ghewfiat) Check points

1st Check point park your car and take all passports to get UAE Visas & take the car paper with you for stamping.

1b. it's quite possible that you/adult will be asked for retina scan.

2nd Check point all documents checked - car paper/estimara/all passports.

3rd Check point UAE Customs drive through the scanners, don't go into the last lane (ensure car paper stamped)

Drive out & park your car left side, get out of car & get compulsory third-party insurance. (SAR100)

4th Check point - checks all passports and give car paper away.

Abu Dahbi is only 360 KM and Dubai is 480 KM from Al Ghewfiat Border.

Follow signs for Abu Dahbi (E11 ) and when you get closer to Abu Dahbi you will see the sign for Dubai.

Most petrol stations are modern in UAE (decent ADNOC service station is 125 KM from the Border -left side).

Return journey to Saudi

From Dubai follow signs for Abu Dhabi - E11 Sheikh Ziad Road (motorway). Petrol is expensive in UAE so fill
your car with enough petrol to get you to Saudi border.

ON E11 Sheikh Ziad Road look for sign Al Ghewfiat - don't miss this., its approx 60-70 KM from Dubai
If you miss the sign then look for Al Tarif or Sila or Al Sila (Border Town)

Last ADNOC service station is 353 KM from Dubai (125km from UAE border) – last chance to use a decent washroom.

UAE Border Check points

1st Check point present Estimara- The officer returns ‘car paper' listing car details and number of passengers traveling

2nd Check point Park the car and go to visa office (building) on your left (family can stay in the car)
a. Visit any serving counter to get exit stamp & pay 35 Dirham per passport (exact amount – Dirham only)
b. Ensure all passports including the car paper stamped
Saudi Border Check points
1st Check point show passports/car paper (Exit-Reentry Stamp)
2nd Check point Saudi customs check, park the car and get the luggage checked and get the car paper stamped

3rd Check point drive through as this window for visitors seeking Saudi insurance,

4th Check point just hand over the car paper to the official
if you want to travel via Kharj, look for signs to Riyadh/HARAD after the 2nd petrol station on your right,
otherwise stay on the road and follow the sign for Hafof.

Riyadh is 560KM from Border via Kharj and approx 625KM via Hafof/Al-AHSA.

Please drive carefully and watch out for sand dunes and camels, specially if traveling via KHARJ

wow !!! AWESOME stuff.. thanks a lot ..

@saudi Uk: that is detailed!! Now that what I call an informative post, but hadnt you posted this earlier as well? But Kudos mate!

RedGoblin wrote:

@saudi Uk: that is detailed!! Now that what I call an informative post, but hadnt you posted this earlier as well? But Kudos mate!

Yes i m too impressed for his effort when i already know Kamii is not going anywhere in any case :P

RedGoblin wrote:

Yep, have posted it before as previously someone else asked the same question.

Its not a bad drive, and a different experience to flying..

WOW "SaudiUK" amazing stuff man, very detailed. thanks a lot...

Pls if you such info from Dammam/khobar to Batha border it will help a lot..

Thanks

for route planning in ksa and uae i find the navtac map24 route planner works well google doesn't seem to be able to do the routes where navtec map24 does

Hi
May I know what is car paper

The car should b insured in saudi while travelling to uae or without insurance v can travel

3rd party car insurance is mandatory in saudi for driving, so assuming that you have it already. For UAE car insurance, you will have to buy it at the border once your cross it !!

3rd party insurance is not mandatory in saudi.
but my question, the uae border security will ask for saudi insurance or no.

Hi all

I am traveling to Dubai by road from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. However in online visa application for GCC Resident , there is no port of arrival as Abu Dhabi any more( we enter to Dubai via Abu Dhabi)

Any idea what to select in port of arrival? Does it matter if you select a different port of arrival ?
In online form, only below options are mentioned.

1. Dubai Airport
2. Rachid Port
3. jabel Ali Port
4. Shadaghrah port
5. Hamirya port
6. Dry Docks
7. Al wigaga

Thanks

You can select dubai airport via entry. I heard there is no issue in the entry port because it wont be mentioned in the visa.

Hello,
       Did you get visa and is there any issue you have faced? Please update here.

Yes, i got the visa. And it is not an issue to select other port of entry as you can enter through any port.
And by the way, port of entry is mentioned on the visa.  :D

Hello, very good. In my case they rejected the application and i did not get any reason. When you are moving to UAE? If you can give any idea regarding this pls share with me. I want know about the process in border with pre approved visa!

Thanks,
Hani

what about the visa. it will be given on arrival on the batha port

have u travelled alone or with your family. if with the family did u filled up seperate application for all family members. please update asap. and how much was the visa fee.

Hi,
    I travelled on eid holidays to dubai by car with family. I couldnt get visa from UAE portal so i have travelled with preapproved visa which was issued from private agency. It was a great experience from turaif to sharjah (2100km). The ideas shared here are very useful to me, thanks to the people who are shared their experiences here.

Regards,
Hani

Well Done