Metaldetecting

Hi :-)
I'm from Denmark and will arrive in Vietnam at around January to stay for about 4 month every year.
I love Metal detecting and would like to know if it is possible to buy equipment in Vietnam or if I need to bring it all by myself?
I am thinking of Da Nang as the city to live in, but time will tell if it will be :-)

Please tell me about shopping metal detecting equipment and if there is any forum about the subject somewhere.

Smile from Maxine

I don't know what else you seek but the 1000 VND bill is the smallest denomination in everyday use.  There are coins but you will rarely see them.   People aren't dropping  loose change on the beach.

THIGV wrote:

I don't know what else you seek but the 1000 VND bill is the smallest denomination in everyday use.  There are coins but you will rarely see them.   People aren't dropping  loose change on the beach.

Big smiles when reading your comments :D

Hi Maxidane,

You can visit this page: http://maydopro.com/may-do-kim-loai-cam … ay-gc-1001 to find out the Metal Detecting you need.

Regards,
Ni

Hapiness1988 wrote:

Hi Maxidane,

You can visit this page: http://maydopro.com/may-do-kim-loai-cam … ay-gc-1001 to find out the Metal Detecting you need.

Regards,
Ni

Unless the OP fancies a job with airport security, this page is probably better

http://maydopro.com/may-do-kim-loai-duoi-long-dat

I just assumed that the OP wanted to comb the beach for coins.  Of course she could go inland and search for unexploded ordnance.  Maybe it would not be too lucrative but it could be exciting.    :huh:

THIGV wrote:

I just assumed that the OP wanted to comb the beach for coins.  Of course she could go inland and search for unexploded ordnance.  Maybe it would not be too lucrative but it could be exciting.    :huh:

She doesn't?

I assumed she was a philanthropist out to clear out as many old bombs as possible.

THIGV wrote:

Of course she could go inland and search for unexploded ordnance.  Maybe it would not be too lucrative but it could be exciting.    :huh:

Fred wrote:

I assumed she was a philanthropist out to clear out as many old bombs as possible.

Shall we steer her toward Matt's way?

Where's Matt, BTW?  He's been radio-silent for a long time.

Ciambella wrote:
THIGV wrote:

Of course she could go inland and search for unexploded ordnance.  Maybe it would not be too lucrative but it could be exciting.    :huh:

Fred wrote:

Shall we steer her toward Matt's way?

Where's Matt, BTW?  He's been radio-silent for a long time.

Sounds like a plan ... hang on ... "Radio silent"?
Long time since I've heard that phrase, and that was about G3. Ham?

Note - only those in the know will have any hope of understanding the above.

In my very young age (elementary school  --  there was no fear of strangers back then), I used to hang out after school in a letterpress print shop on Tran Hung Dao St (it's District 1 now in Saigon) watching the workers typeset and lay out adverts.  Most of the time, they just ignored me, but whenever they shooed me away, I would sneak upstairs to watch their father and his ham.  Couldn't be G3.  It might have been 3W.

I was a pest then, but I learned a lot about all kinds of stuff, none of them was interested to most adults, let alone kids of my age.

I'm a G0 with the old CW test under my belt. I ran UHF 430 to 40m, including TV, RTTY and data.

Fred wrote:

I'm a G0 with the old CW test under my belt. I ran UHF 430 to 40m, including TV, RTTY and data.

[continuing the hijack ...]
I could never understand the interest in talking to a complete stranger around the world. I imagined the conversations mostly focused on gear and weather conditions.

Yet emailing and texting and chatting, websites and forums and social media on the internet makes complete sense! Actual talking is too personal and real time, with typing I have time to find le mot juste.

[returning to the thread ...]
I could never understand the interest in searching for metal things. Except meteorites, I could dig that.

gobot wrote:

I could never understand the interest in searching for metal things. Except meteorites, I could dig that.

You'd probably have to dig quite deep "D